Page 66 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166566 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 66

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I snacked and am now ashamed. -_-'
    Also, my inner nerd kept me inside for most of the day playing and watching pokemon. x]
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Nettle: That's my gripe most days w/ the dogs except mine eat the chickens if they catch them! A few weeks ago a fox waited in the morning until I let the dogs in and them killed my flock. Now I need to start over again w/ chicks ... Grr! Couldn't even eat them as I was afraid the fox might be carrying some desease. Now back to more predator proofing and an electric fence. Next I'll be bitching cause I got shocked!

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    people who are flakes. Seriously woman, I wasted my whole day waiting on you, and now you're going to want to hang out super late, and I'm not going to do it. I have hiking in the morning, and I don't like your boyfriend. If you don't show up in the next half hour, it's game over. I'm not wasting my whole evening waiting on you too.

gah! If you say you're going to be here at 3, you freaking show up at three! you don't text me at 3:15 saying you have to push it back a few hours. So not cool!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    game night
    Ahhh I love game night. But I don't like the continuous stream of chips and soda and cookies that they somehow seem to require. "Bring food," I'm told. I bring chips for the other people. They're making pizzas. I don't need to eat while I play :/
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Ahhh I love game night. But I don't like the continuous stream of chips and soda and cookies that they somehow seem to require. "Bring food," I'm told. I bring chips for the other people. They're making pizzas. I don't need to eat while I play :/
    I make things I can eat, like deviled eggs, and I have the kind of friends who bring things like veggie trays, kale chips, and so on. There's usually enough stuff that I can make a primal meal out of it. I guess that's what happens when your games night group is made up largely of health-conscious (but not low-fat CW) foodies in their 30s with multiple gluten-free folks in the mix.

You just hang with the wrong kind of geeks.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Nettle: That's my gripe most days w/ the dogs except mine eat the chickens if they catch them! A few weeks ago a fox waited in the morning until I let the dogs in and them killed my flock. Now I need to start over again w/ chicks ... Grr! Couldn't even eat them as I was afraid the fox might be carrying some desease. Now back to more predator proofing and an electric fence. Next I'll be bitching cause I got shocked!
    Yeah my inside pet dogs will attack and eat the chickens. They have their own separate outside yard. When my shepherd was a pup he'd come out with me when I looked after them. He'd even pick up eggs without breaking them and bring them too. I thought he would be fine but then at about year in egg we were out and a chicken ran. His prey drive took over and he went after it. I had to wrestle him to the ground. My other dog accidently got out of her yard and went after them too. She is a hunter. Another wrestling match ensued. So those ones will bark and help warn and keep away predators but they aren't allowed to be with the chickens.

My third dog who is still a pup and is a Livestock Guardian breed. She's been living out with the chickens since she was eight weeks old so thinks they are her pack. The only thing I have to worry about with her is if she tries to puppy play with them. She could hurt them by accident. Her guard traits are kicking in now so she's getting even more viligent. She's a big teddy bear but get her mad and threaten me or the chickens and she'll take whatever it is down. This breed will take on grizzlies if they have too.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    I have the flu. I NEVER get the flu. But now I am on day 3 of aches, stuffies, sore throat, fever and no appetite nastiness. Bleh. Had to cancel a dinner with a friend I haven't seen in a while and may need to bail on an easter egg hunt tomorrow. And to top it off, it's a beautiful day but I get chills if I go outside.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    You just hang with the wrong kind of geeks.
    On the contrary, I would say that you hang out with some exceptionally rare breed of wonderful geek.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Game night= junk food? Not here.
    Game night= dinner, then gaming without food here (ok, maybe pixy stix or sunflower seeds and sodas at worst.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Pretty people who think that makes them better than me.

Y'know what bitch? You're better looking for sure, but not better.