Page 652 of 696 FirstFirst ... 152552602642650651652653654662 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,520 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 652

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Meh... they do that all day every day. They don't have to strain. My husband can see an expired tag on a car at a glance two lanes over and four cars up. And I'm all WTF are you talking about... I can't even see it TRYING to look for it.

It's just a natural habit to see that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    'i dont have to be faster than the bear i just have to be faster than you'

in this instance the cop is the bear and niad is you and i is the speed demon
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Karock is offline Member
    The stickers is kinda like how unmarked speed enforcement cars are for 'safety'.
    I've yet to have an officer explain that in a way that makes sense. Nothing slows down / makes traffic proceed as strict law abiding citizens, and yet we have unmarked cars about....
    Yea. "Safety"
    Next time I get pulled over I'm telling the officer to eat some wheaties.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    My GOTD is stupid people. Every day at about 3pm the moron who lives butted up against the property where I live comes home with his music blaring so loudly that my home actually vibrates. Apparently, now he's gotten some auto theft device. Today, after about two minutes of his alarm going off, he finally left with his music blaring so loudly my home vibrated.

Do the world a favor: Don't freakin' breed!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    my gripe is MEN !!!!!!

why do so many men have to be such know it alls ????????
    I am sitting out on the road, waiting for the school bus (was putting neighbours kid on morning bus), I hear this terrible noise coming down the road...thrump thrump thrump...........
    Its a big huge 8 wheeled truck with a major flat tyre..... I wave and jump up and down - but truck doesn't stop.
    School bus finally comes, kids loaded on.......
    I jump into our little wee toyota truck and speed off down the road to intercept the big huge truck. 8 kms down road, I catch up to truck, and flash lights , waving like a friggin lunatic etc.....
    Anyhoo he finally sees me and pulls over. By this stage the whole tyre is totally F----D !!!!!!

the driver says - oh yeah I know its flat, but I thought that I would limp to the drop off, another 15 kms away.
    So I say - but you are gonna totally ruin that tyre and the outside one - look its all bulbous already.
    No I'm not, says he. It will be fine. And he gets into the truck, pulls onto the road - in front of a car, who toots and gives the guy the finger, and off he goes .................
    WTF ???????
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 03-07-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    My dentist was the victim in a murder/suicide this week. I'm a major dental scaredy cat and hadn't seen her in a few years, but she was a really nice woman, and we use to comiserate about our respective exes. I guess her ex was a lot worse than she let on.

Worst part was that her teenage son was in the house when he killed her, and she leaves behind 2 sons that her sister will be raising. Just awful to do that to your kids, let alone your ex.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    OMG RR that is just awful............ nothing really to say except *hugs*
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    my gripe is MEN !!!!!!

why do so many men have to be such know it alls ????????
    I am sitting out on the road, waiting for the school bus (was putting neighbours kid on morning bus), I hear this terrible noise coming down the road...thrump thrump thrump...........
    Its a truck with a major flat tyre..... I wave and jump up and down - but truck doesn't stop.
    School bus finally comes, kids loaded on.......
    I jump into our truck and speed off down the road to intercept truck. 8 kms down road, I catch up to truck, and flash lights , waving like a friggin lunatic etc.....
    Anyhoo he finally sees me and pulls over. By this stage the whole tyre is totally F----D !!!!!!

the driver says - oh yeah I know its flat, but I thought that I would limp to the drop off, another 15 kms away.
    So I say - but you are gonna totally ruin that tyre and the outside one - look its all bulbous already.
    No I'm not, says he. It will be fine. And he gets into the truck, pulls onto the road - in front of a car, who toots and gives the guy the finger, and off he goes .................
    WTF ???????
    So true. Also, THIS.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    RitaRose, I'm so sorry that something so horrifying touched your life.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Authority
    nihil