Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 651

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    gotd

i have to get karock a keyboard
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Fucking pigs who can't fill their fucking quotas. That is the only reason I got pulled over and TICKETED for a expired inspection sticker in west Texas on the last day of the month. I hope he doesn't get his damn quota. Son of bitch father fucking mother stabber.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    GOTD...

Actual programs here in Utah where:

1. A 7-11 in Provo, Utah will give a Slurpee to a kid if they read a book and tell a 7-11 employee about it.

*facepalm*

(To be generous, the kid could get a balloon instead. But which do you think they're going to pick?)

2. Dads go to their kid's elementary schools and read to them. They are rewarded with donuts. Really. "Donuts with Dad".

*headdesk*

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Fucking pigs who can't fill their fucking quotas. That is the only reason I got pulled over and TICKETED for a expired inspection sticker in west Texas on the last day of the month. I hope he doesn't get his damn quota. Son of bitch father fucking mother stabber.
    Don't hold back; tell us how you really feel! (Couldn't resist, but you have my sympathy.)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i'd love to hear the explanation for ticketing an expired tag when it's still in the due month
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i'd love to hear the explanation for ticketing an expired tag when it's still in the due month
    Well, it depends on the tag. Here in AZ for example some expire on the last day of the month where as others expire on the 15th. If yours expires on the 15th you can get ticketed on the 16th. That said, usually the ticket is relatively small, until it is 30+ days expired in which case it jumps up to something obscene like $500+
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

It was out of date, by over 6 months (unemployment shifts your priorities, as does out and out forgetting.) I'm not bitching that he pulled me over for it, I'm bitching that I got a $145 ticket for it when there was some jackass in front of me doing 50 in a 25.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

It was out of date, by over 6 months (unemployment shifts your priorities, as does out and out forgetting.) I'm not bitching that he pulled me over for it, I'm bitching that I got a $145 ticket for it when there was some jackass in front of me doing 50 in a 25.
    6 months expired? Sorry buddy, but that is an easy, obvious ticket.

Speeding tickets people can fight. It is hard to fight something expired by 6 months. Also, the dept could be putting pressure on the cops to enforce the stickers. We get hit with that shit all the time... "Enforce seat belts this month because <insert blah General> is all about seat belts right now..."
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I know. I'm still pissed that he pulled me over for it. I actually would not have had as much an issue with him calling out my brake lights (discovered they were out yesterday, bought the bulbs, and was going to fix them tonight) as I do with the damn inspection sticker ticket. He had to have been straining in his rearview window to read that sticker.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I know. I'm still pissed that he pulled me over for it. I actually would not have had as much an issue with him calling out my brake lights (discovered they were out yesterday, bought the bulbs, and was going to fix them tonight) as I do with the damn inspection sticker ticket. He had to have been straining in his rearview window to read that sticker.

Yeah, that is rather impressive. I can see him seeing your out brake lights, pulling you over for that and then seeing the sticker but seeing it in his rear-view is impressive.