Page 650 of 696 FirstFirst ... 150550600640648649650651652660 ... LastLast
Results 6,491 to 6,500 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 650

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My GOTD:
    Too many cooks in the kitchen when it comes to my diet and weightloss. I've been working out really hard for 3 months and I've lost a lot of inches and about ten pounds but my diet wasn't under control. Now that I'm working on my diet and working out all I hear from my mother, my sister, my hairdresser: "Well don't get too excited, you still have thirty pounds to go before you can buy that romper and look good in it" or "Well get on it girl! That weight isn't going to lose itself" or "Don't go try on those size 6 jeans to see if they might fit, you're only going to disapppoint yourself"

Seriously? Can I just get a "great job Maureen, if you keep going like you're going, the weight will come off in no time!" or a "Yeah go try on jeans I bet that will make you feel great about how far you've come!"

Nope. Its like they want me to obsess about my weight and become anorexic. I look great now people. I can almost see my top abs. I have cut my side fat (the kind that pokes out when you wear a tight bra) almost down to nothing. Please just encourage me in a productive way.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    Please just encourage me in a productive way.
    WTF? Seriously, find different people to hang out with. Good lord, what a bunch of pricks.

I am sure all three of them have perfect health, perfect bodies, and perfect lives.

Yeah no kidding. Thank goodness for the support from the boyfriend or I would be crying on the couch eating Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The hairdresser is replaceable; fire her ass. Mom and sis, not so much. But do stand up for yourself (please) and tell them that if they can't say anything positive, they can at least stfu. (You might clean that up if the f-bomb isn't commonly used in your family.)

Good on the boyfriend. And good on you for not relying on Ben and Jerry for comfort.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    My GOTD:
    Too many cooks in the kitchen when it comes to my diet and weightloss. I've been working out really hard for 3 months and I've lost a lot of inches and about ten pounds but my diet wasn't under control. Now that I'm working on my diet and working out all I hear from my mother, my sister, my hairdresser: "Well don't get too excited, you still have thirty pounds to go before you can buy that romper and look good in it" or "Well get on it girl! That weight isn't going to lose itself" or "Don't go try on those size 6 jeans to see if they might fit, you're only going to disapppoint yourself"

Seriously? Can I just get a "great job Maureen, if you keep going like you're going, the weight will come off in no time!" or a "Yeah go try on jeans I bet that will make you feel great about how far you've come!"

Nope. Its like they want me to obsess about my weight and become anorexic. I look great now people. I can almost see my top abs. I have cut my side fat (the kind that pokes out when you wear a tight bra) almost down to nothing. Please just encourage me in a productive way.

I've noticed that the ones who are more prone to criticizing me are the ones who are actually angry at themselves because they lack the discipline to make any changes in their lives. I always grab my copy of The Four Agreements and reread the second one ... "Don't take anything personally .... nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves."

Stay strong, you're doing great !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

i was told by my sister i was the "queen of unrealistic expectations" and that she just didnt want to see me disappointed. I told her that no thank you I would prefer to be hopeful and optimistic and that if I listened to her I would be more likely to quit. You can't point out to me how far I have to go and expect me to take it as a compliment. I'm the type of person that needs congratulations on how far they've come in order to keep going. Maybe I'm a compliment whore, and I like cuddles and hand holding but dayum give a girl some credit. I used to be a fantastic couch potato who couldn't even do five regular pushups. Now i can do 75 regular pushups. In just three months I have done things i never thought I could do. And thats what keeps me going. My accomplishments. They can all shove it.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    My GOTD:

I will say it, Maureen - YOU ARE DOING A FANTASTIC JOB AND EVEN MORE SO CONSIDERING ALL THE SHITTY COMMENTS FROM THOSE IN YOIR LIFE WHO SHOULD BE YOUR BIGGEST FANS!!

Geez, I hate that - frickin' family members who just think it is their place to put you in your place. And did you notice that the haters are all WOMEN?! I should really start a thread asking the guys of the MDA if they get the same crap in the same way and amount when they get healthy and hot. Harrumph.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i was told by my sister i was the "queen of unrealistic expectations" and that she just didnt want to see me disappointed. I told her that no thank you I would prefer to be hopeful and optimistic and that if I listened to her I would be more likely to quit. You can't point out to me how far I have to go and expect me to take it as a compliment. I'm the type of person that needs congratulations on how far they've come in order to keep going. Maybe I'm a compliment whore, and I like cuddles and hand holding but dayum give a girl some credit. I used to be a fantastic couch potato who couldn't even do five regular pushups. Now i can do 75 regular pushups. In just three months I have done things i never thought I could do. And thats what keeps me going. My accomplishments. They can all shove it.
    tell them they can all go eat a bowl of dic.. WHEATIES

i mean wheaties.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    I used to be a fantastic couch potato who couldn't even do five regular pushups. Now i can do 75 regular pushups.
    Girl you are my hero just for this!! Rock on! Err.. Grok on!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Karock is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    tell them they can all go eat a bowl of dic.. WHEATIES

i mean wheaties.
    You owe me a keyboard.