Page 649 of 696 FirstFirst ... 149549599639647648649650651659 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,490 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 649

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My brain. The media. The news. My patience. My gut. My life.

sigh.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Eating tofu, to "test" tolerance and making myself sick.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    My 77-year-old mom fell down in public again (she tripped), and for the 2nd time in a row, perfectly healthy adults just stared and went around her. The first time, she was in a puddle of blood (slammed her face into the sidewalk) and was ignored for about 20 minutes, but this time she was just scraped up and having trouble getting back on her feet. After being passed by healthy younger males, a middle-aged woman in a suit finally asked if she needed help

I wouldn't be so ticked off if this particular town wasn't so freaking pious, literally "holier than thou", and not exactly promoters of gender equality.

Yes, I'm pissed. Very pissed.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Oh Rita Rose, I so get that. Many years ago, I was on a BART train and when I looked up from my book, I noticed a very pregnant woman standing. When I offered her my seat, all the (well dressed but obviously shit inside) commuters looked really guilty as they shoved their faces into newspapers, whatever. I mean really? really? Sitting on a commuter train is that much of a luxury you can't give it up for a pregnant woman? really?

~30 years ago and I still remember it. Just one reason I love mankind but don't like very many people.

Hugs for your mom.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My neighbor's appear to have gone the chicken shit petty vengeance route because I kicked their attacking dog in front of them. They left the lights on, meaning their dog could see even more leaves blowing and bark all fucking night. I took the most civil and procurable method of all the things that crossed my mind and sprayed their dog with the hose in just above freezing weather.
    In my defense, I did NOT: shoot out the light, shoot the damn dog, shoot the damn owners, start a legal battle to get them kicked out of their home, sabotage his truck or her car, or any number of other things that crossed my mind when woken from a Nyquil induced deep slumber at 3 AM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hugs for your mom.
    Thanks, JoanieL. I'm definitely not a fan of people that don't do the right thing. It's called "being a grownup" when you do.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    High school kids that wont work their damn work shifts. Seriously... if you want to work, work. Don't call me every single week because "I've got this school thing." If you can't handle both, then suggest quitting. I worked my way through highschool and what part of college I attended, this is really irritating to me.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

firemanswife is offline Junior Member
    Responsible journalism? Oxymoron. Responsible journalist? Endangered species.
    Don't let the turkeys get you down or piss you off. They are talking in an echo chamber. Fill you mind and day with joy and drive on!

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    gripe of the day: Perfectly healthy friend going vegan/vegetarian just because they watched "Vegucated

Also: having to explain to another friend why the "meat putrifies in your intestine fact" is just vegan propaganda.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    doesn't everything turn to shit in your intestine...? Sounds rather putrid to me.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"