Page 647 of 696 FirstFirst ... 147547597637645646647648649657 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 647

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The city-folk are glad that they are not in the sticks because of the same sorcery in their mind with different words and images and electronically uploaded hypnotically commanded conceptions of self.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Umm... wiccan/pagans have a whopping 8 holidays, right?

The jewish have like a dozen... no one makes any fuss about that.

Couldn't those TV idiots even bother googling for some INFO first?
    People celebrating holidays!? Thanks a lot Obama

Sums up Fox news
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    My GOTD, Fox news aside. I saw this advertized on a bottle of Wesson soybean oil. "Excellent source of Omega 3".

hahahahahahahahahahhaaha
    Last edited by Graycat; 02-19-2013 at 11:53 AM.

all TV news is Pentagon disinformation. You fools need to stop calling out just one channel.

"Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I don't watch American news

If I want fiction I'll watch something a lot more entertaining
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post

What happened to responsible researched news stories that were unbiased?( ie journalism) Now reporting only has to do with what side of the aisle you're on and how we can make the other eeeeevil side look bad.
    Once upon a time, in order to be licensed to broadcast, networks had to do some percentage of their broadcast hours as public service. The networks (and there were fewer at the time) often used news to fulfill that requirement. Along the way, someone got the idea to make the news a profit center. Once ratings became an issue, what was reported became less important than how it was reported. The disgraceful reporting we see today on all networks is a result of that shift.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Why would you blame people for chasing the approval of their consumers, and not the consumers, who are dumber than the animals that they abuse? ERRYBODY GUILTY!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Umm... wiccan/pagans have a whopping 8 holidays, right?
    Yes, we do have eight "sabbats"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    RaeVynn, i would recommend it only if you like hearing that "wiccans are mostly Dungeons and Dragons players and twice divorced Midwest midwives"
    This wiccan never did play D&D. Though, I'm a once-divorced ex-Midwest woman (and ex-xian extremist) who thinks highly of midwives...

I'm glad I'm not in the "bible belt" any more. Seriously.
    Me three. Seriously.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Today's gripe: office politics. I hate that shit.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    My yahoo email account got hacked, and spammed my husband.

Grrrr.