Page 644 of 696 FirstFirst ... 144544594634642643644645646654694 ... LastLast
Results 6,431 to 6,440 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 644

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    oh yes i vanished for quite a while. Got lazy with the eating, had an immense personal crisis that lasted for about a year, and put on some weight, but i have emerged like the phoenix, lost ten pounds, started doing that BodyRocktv.com craziness and decided i missed the folks here at MDA. I've been lurking for about a week without posting...but today i was trolling and let my inner shit-starter come out of the woodwork.
    I've missed you guys!

AyaPapaya is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    GoTD:
    People policing people's thoughts. I know the person in question posted her thoughts in a forum, but she wasn't mean to anyone in real life. OUR THOUGHTS DO NOT HAVE TO BE POLITCALLY CORRECT.
    Agree 100%
    Hyper-sensitivity and PC-ness gets on my nerves.
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace..."

"Nothing will work unless you do."

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I have to agree. I'm sort of naturally PC, but I have a sense of humor about it all. In fact the number 2 reason I left the last city I lived in was the smothering effect of fanatical PCness.

No one can accuse N'Orleans of being PC (though I'm sure it has its factions) and I'm much happier here.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I have to agree. I'm sort of naturally PC, but I have a sense of humor about it all.
    Likewise. I live in London which is an an extremely PC place, so you have to watch what you say sometimes. I'm very conscious of it cos' I'm sensitive to people's feelings, but if people are relaxed then we just have a laugh. My sense of humour can actually be pretty dark...!

Life's too short, and no one gets out alive anyway (did I just steal that from some other posters signature?)

But saying that, it really does depend on the attitude of the person saying the thing. Some people are ignorant or rascist prigs, which necessitates the whole concept of being Politically correct. I like to think the majority of people aren't like that though.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 01-31-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    My gripe of the day:
    We were doing a RP session in French class. We were in pairs and had to form an argument around "A wants to go to a demonstration, but B advises against it."
    The two vegetarians a table away from me decided to do a "vegetarian convincing a meateater to go to a pro-veggie demonstration" argument. I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from interrupting their RP when they got to the "health reasons for going veggie" section. Grrrrr... There are a few valid arguments for going vegetarian. They decided to ignore those and go for the "fat will kill you" ones. Shoulda interrupted the class, explained why they were wrong and made a point of bringing in and eating a pack of raw fatty bacon in front of them. FAT IS NOT BAD! Grr...
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Very strange gripe of the day:
    I like coffee, but I really really hate when my poop smells like coffee. Gross.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    Very strange gripe of the day:
    I like coffee, but I really really hate when my poop smells like coffee. Gross.
    Strange alright. Still not the worst thing it could possibly smell like.
    My GOTD, why the hell when I upload pictures taken with my phone camera to my desk top, they show up upside-down

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Dear Perpetually Complaining Facebook Friend:

Last week you blew me away by publicly shaming your husband in front of 500 friends for making you late to work. But this week you have returned to your usual set of mundane complaints, such as:

A) You're tired and hate your coworkers.
    B) Your job is a major pain.
    C) You hate the president.
    D) You hate your coworkers. (Round Two)
    E) You don't feel like going to work.
    F) You hate cats.
    G) You hate doing your job.
    H) You hate flying because you always catch a cold.
    I) You hate taking medicine for the cold you caught flying.
    J) People never advanced beyond the cave.
    K) You're sick.
    L) You're tired.
    M) You hate your coworkers. (Round Three)
    N) You hate your coworkers. (Round Four)
    O) You're bored.

Can we go back to the eyebrow-raising public shaming? That was far more entertaining.

Love,
    Gay Panda

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I understand....I just keep believing he is going to change

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    And in that line of thinking...

There are days when I'm not absolutely 100% sure my son wouldn't have made better medical waste.

Yep. I said it.

No he's not a child in my "care" anymore... no one needs to faint from worry.
    He's an adult who has decided to stress me out and screw up his life (and possibly the lives of a few other people too) as much as possible it seems.

Politically incorrect thought for the day.
    You are welcome.
    Enjoy.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    I understand....I just keep believing he is going to change
    Yes.

I want to believe...

It seems to do me about as much good as it ever did Mulder though.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.