Page 643 of 696 FirstFirst ... 143543593633641642643644645653693 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,430 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 643

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    so i just tied it around my chest, knotted it between my breasts, and it stayed and 'held' things in place well. if all else fails, maybe that will work?
    Photos or it didn't happen.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    You will find that another day you will be in a much better mood. I've had lots of great years, and a few crappy ones, but that isn't the worst thing that could happen. In fact, a lot of good things usually happened, too. Circumspection is a good word for the day.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    My gripe of the day today is me - for being a dumbass.

I've been feeling cranky, out of sorts, not sleeping well, etc. for weeks. Three days ago, I thought, "well crap, I know what's happening." So I took some anti-anxiety meds (which I don't take on a regular basis). That's not bad. But in addition, I started taking Vit D again. Three days in, I'm feeling tons better. Of course now I don't know if it's the meds, the D, or both. Brilliant.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: I'm officially insane, you know, repeating the same behavior but expecting a different result. I get headaches from red wine. I drink red wine, I get a headache. OTOH: As the late great Mitch Hedberg said:
    "I like to drink red wine. This girl asked me once if red wine gave me a headache. I said, 'Sure, eventually, but the first and middle parts are amazing!' I'm not going to give up on something because of what it does eventually. It's like getting an apple and going 'Whoa, stop! That's going to be a core eventually!'"
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    GoTD:
    People policing people's thoughts. I know the person in question posted her thoughts in a forum, but she wasn't mean to anyone in real life. OUR THOUGHTS DO NOT HAVE TO BE POLITCALLY CORRECT. In fact, the very act of you shaming a person for their thoughts is hugely hypocritical because to shame someone for doing something like that you would have to be Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior because I'm sorry if you're a human being living on earth, you have thought something nasty about someone you've never seen before. Whether it was because they were fat, skinny, cut out in front of you in traffic, or sneezed on you in public it doesn't matter. As long as you kept those thoughts in your head and didn't say "Thanks for being a fatty, you just made my diet much easier just by looking at you, Fattikins" its okay. You're a human being....sometimes we can be judgy. Don't shame other people because of a natural human instinct to see others and judge them in comparison to yourself. I'm not saying it a great human instinct but i just don't agree with people who say you "shouldn't think like that"

I ain't freaking mother teresa, and if i was, I would probably still be judging you in my thoughts

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    GoTD:
    OUR THOUGHTS DO NOT HAVE TO BE POLITCALLY CORRECT.
    And in that line of thinking...

There are days when I'm not absolutely 100% sure my son wouldn't have made better medical waste.

Yep. I said it.

No he's not a child in my "care" anymore... no one needs to faint from worry.
    He's an adult who has decided to stress me out and screw up his life (and possibly the lives of a few other people too) as much as possible it seems.

Politically incorrect thought for the day.
    You are welcome.
    Enjoy.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    And in that line of thinking...

There are days when I'm not absolutely 100% sure my son wouldn't have made better medical waste.

Yep. I said it.
    This made me LOL. Literally.

Helen is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, veganism is great - I lost my hair, my energy, and my overall general health was terrible - I was an "informed" vegan too, combining for protein, etc. There's a great book by a former vegan called "The Myth of Vegetarianism", from an ethical, economic, and of course nutritional standpoint. The author is Lierre Keith.
    Last edited by Helen; 01-31-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Author's name.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Maureen, I love you. Where have you been? I feel like you vanished for a while.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).