Page 640 of 696 FirstFirst ... 140540590630638639640641642650690 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 640

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    GOTD: If you own a little monster, please do not trap a plane full of people with "it" for 3 hours! I had the "privillage" of flying in front a a spoiled kid who screamed at the top of her lungs most of the flight because her parents were told not to let he run the plane the entire flight. By the end of the flight, the brats Mom was being pissy with the flight attendants as she had to restrain her for landing. I know all kids have their days (I have kids) and all go through a moster stage. Parents, please stay home until you can learn to parent properly and/or your kid out grows it (most usually do). I have passed up trips to Spain and Hawaii when my son was at this stage. Grandma can either come visit you or can wait until the kid "grows up" a little.
    Amen.

I see so many kids that are totally out of control and the parents somehow think the kid will "just know" how to behave in a situation where they need to sit still and be quiet. They don't, and everyone else pays the price.

My kids learned from experience. We started taking them to restaurants with Grandma and Grandpa after they were about a month old, and I did A LOT of parking lot sitting and walking with them when they decided to try the whole "loud/squirmy" thing. They learned pretty quickly that behaving meant being gushed over by Grandma, and being even a little loud meant sitting outside in a parking lot with boring old mom. Instant "Well Behaved Kid".

I've even been on road trips between the north part of Los Angeles to San Felipe, Mexico with them, and they were pretty damn good.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    As much as it sucks for other passengers, I disagree. Maybe the parents could have done something different to help manage the kid, but I don't think travel plans should necessarily be curtailed entirely until the child is older. Then again, I'm able to tune out hollering and crying pretty easily.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Swarley is offline Junior Member
    GOTD - left pinky and ring finger have been numb all day...thinkin i have an ulnar nerve entrapment...can't get a dr.'s appt til next week...balls...
    The greater the achievement the more difficult the path. The easy road is granted to those less fortunate as a consolation prize.

Jareddame is offline Member
    stupid dog owners! mine obey get a grip on yours.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    My oldest soon (early 30s) has been diagnosed with everything from Chron’s disease to pancreatitis to… you name it. Put on medications, x-rayed, scanned, poked, prodded, to the point that his life has looked like an episode of “House”.

I have fought this, tried to turn him away from CW and towards a healthier lifestyle but my wife has more influence over him than I do it seems. And she will drop a pill for any minor ache or pain.

My son had a recent run of some type of skin disorder and one of the medications they started him on was an immune suppressant along with steroids, antibiotics and other medications. My rants to both of them have been ignored.

Last night (he is not close to where we live), he went into the hospital for what he thought was an episode of pancreatitis but turns out that, yep, he has been put on too many medications and they are screwing him up.

Fuck me……
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Sorry. That really does suck. My ex had custody of my younger son for 5 or 6 years, and now that he's 18, he has moved back in with me for college. The man did everything for him, so now he doesn't know how. Not to mention living on commercial yogurt and cereal (as an athlete, no less).

I hate being "the crazy parent that's into all that mumbo-jumbo" when the other one won't even give it a chance.

Hope he starts feeling better soon, and they start listening to you.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    As much as it sucks for other passengers, I disagree. Maybe the parents could have done something different to help manage the kid, but I don't think travel plans should necessarily be curtailed entirely until the child is older. Then again, I'm able to tune out hollering and crying pretty easily.
    Any parent is able to make their kid behave. Just need the right kind of kick in the a... When my daughter was about 12 years old, she could make anybody silence their kids in an instant. All it took was tell the parents: "If you don't shut up that kid, I will do". When a 12 year old says so, I don't know what people think but they act immediately. With her growing up the magic slowly disappeared.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Here lately, my answer has been to take the matter into my own hands. After 5-10 min, I'll go to the restaurant table/ crying child in the grocery/ whatthehellever, and ask the kid what's wrong or what they're doing. By the time I'm able to start coaxing an answer out of the kid, the parents swoop in, all offended. They ask me what the fuck I thought I was doing with their child and my answer is always "well, given that your kid is still [crying, acting out, misbehaving, etc], I figured you needed some help figuring out what's wrong." I walk back to what I was doing and the parent makes the kid shut up/ sit down.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    GOTD - I want to learn how to kill the feck out of animals, cook and eat them, but the only hunting in the UK seems to be toffs going rah rah rah and waving guns at pheasants which they don't even eat.
    You need to find some peasants
    Look on river cottage forums for ferreters perhaps, or local gun club to learn to shoot?
    The posh pheasants might end up with someone like Game Dealers Animal West Yorkshire | My Local Services - it's a start on plucking/gutting/cooking/eating!

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Children are people, they have bad days and don't always know how to handle them. Children are a part of the world. If you don't like that only go where there are no children.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Here lately, my answer has been to take the matter into my own hands. After 5-10 min, I'll go to the restaurant table/ crying child in the grocery/ whatthehellever, and ask the kid what's wrong or what they're doing. By the time I'm able to start coaxing an answer out of the kid, the parents swoop in, all offended. They ask me what the fuck I thought I was doing with their child and my answer is always "well, given that your kid is still [crying, acting out, misbehaving, etc], I figured you needed some help figuring out what's wrong." I walk back to what I was doing and the parent makes the kid shut up/ sit down.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs