Page 639 of 696 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649689 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 639

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's ok. Scientists can put a man on the moon and put a plane in the sky, but we still haven't quite figured out why bicycles work.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post

gotd: rembrant toothpaste burns the corners of my lips, so they're dry and cracked

and neosporin on them tastes bad
    Wow! ~Facepalm~ Thanks for posting that. I'm having the same problem, i just didn't connect the dots. Also, i hate the tube design. Too damn hard to squeeze the tooth paste out.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Dealing with IT when you work in IT can be exceptionally frustrating sometimes. It's like the most obvious things become incredibly confusing and you are speaking two vastly different dialects of the same language.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Seriously? You want me to draft up a TCEQ submittal and neglect to mention the drill site for an abandoned well when I'm trying to fit the already tight spacing for the wells? Seriously? Grrrr...
    Don't give it to me to design until we know the limits of who owns what within the property bounds.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    GOTD - I want to learn how to kill the feck out of animals, cook and eat them, but the only hunting in the UK seems to be toffs going rah rah rah and waving guns at pheasants which they don't even eat.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Wow! ~Facepalm~ Thanks for posting that. I'm having the same problem, i just didn't connect the dots. Also, i hate the tube design. Too damn hard to squeeze the tooth paste out.
    i finally just smooshed it all to the bottom

not being able to brush with it as much as i want is messing with my ocd. i want to brush with rembrant!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Not so much of a gripe as a huh? Black Friday.

Joanie's Holiday Nightmare #1: Being trapped at family get togethers where there is always one asshole who has to introduce politics into the conversation to get everyone worked up. Always one asshole who thinks his/her kids' screaming should be "ignored' by everyone else because the kid is just doing it for attention. Solution: Move across the country and never look back.

Okay, but once I'm past the #1 Holiday Nightmare, I have to say that Black Friday would be a very close #2. I just don't get it. I even have a love of the deal, and will sometimes plan days to scour thrifts to find the "best $X I've ever spent." But the idea of camping outside a store hours in advance for the privilege of spending my money just doesn't compute for me. I knew a group of women who had this day down to a science. They'd put their lists together and then each woman would take a store and they'd meet to tally who owed what to whom. This is so far outside my scope of how to celebrate the holidays, that I feel that I must be an alien.

Maybe it's just me. Perhaps I should use the screen name CurmudgeonGrok.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Sadly, we've decided to import the Black Friday thing up here now. I'm avoiding it like the plague. Honestly, we don't have enough stupidity with Boxing Day, so we have to add another festival of consumerism to our annual calendar? It's not even a holiday here, so there are people who've taken the day off work for the privilege of spending too much money.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    A sample of early morning spam at the Apple (see right hand column):

CC-Consonant consonant? no no no.. not a syllabication rule!!
    CVV- consonant vowel vowel?? Again, NOT a syllabication rule!!

Silly Spammers!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: If you own a little monster, please do not trap a plane full of people with "it" for 3 hours! I had the "privillage" of flying in front a a spoiled kid who screamed at the top of her lungs most of the flight because her parents were told not to let he run the plane the entire flight. By the end of the flight, the brats Mom was being pissy with the flight attendants as she had to restrain her for landing. I know all kids have their days (I have kids) and all go through a moster stage. Parents, please stay home until you can learn to parent properly and/or your kid out grows it (most usually do). I have passed up trips to Spain and Hawaii when my son was at this stage. Grandma can either come visit you or can wait until the kid "grows up" a little.