Page 627 of 696 FirstFirst ... 127527577617625626627628629637677 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 627

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Joanie - I must apologise for all my playing on words. I love doing it, but sorry if it upsets you.
    I do not mind if you come over here and kick my butt, althou I would prefer an arm wrestle !!!!!! bring it on !!!!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hell no, Gwamma. Online, it's about delivering a message quickly. But it pisses me off when the soaps use tragic grammar on a regular basis and a show about Favorites uses the phrase "most favorite," on a regular basis.

I'll arm wrestle you and you'll win, because I have the wimpiest (most wimpiest?) upper body strength ever. I'll even accept your invite to a bed if I ever make it to NZ, but you'll be sorry, because I've been told that I snore like a machine. LOL Runs in the family.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: We are in the process of taking our medical insurance on our family. The premium was increased by $400 because of my SO BMI of 37 and (lifestyle/nutrition related) medical problems. I'm gritting my teeth to not say "I told you so".
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hell no, Gwamma. Online, it's about delivering a message quickly. But it pisses me off when the soaps use tragic grammar on a regular basis and a show about Favorites uses the phrase "most favorite," on a regular basis.

I'll arm wrestle you and you'll win, because I have the wimpiest (most wimpiest?) upper body strength ever. I'll even accept your invite to a bed if I ever make it to NZ, but you'll be sorry, because I've been told that I snore like a machine. LOL Runs in the family.
    thats fine, you can sleep with DH, cos he snores like a chain saw LOL actually that sounds wrong on so many levels!!!!
    We have heaps of beds - so anytime just come on over !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I love watching the trick or treaters come in. I hate the teenagers who don't show up in costume or with a younger sibling and still want candy. I'm not picky. Put on a hat, mask, or grease paint, and you've shown effort, which gets you candy. Hell, even the kid that showed up in his football uniform got candy. His friend in jeans and a tee didn't.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Grammar. Mine's not perfect, but neither does it suck. Problem is that at some point, content mattered so much more than form that we disrespected it. Publishing houses used to employ editors. Writers of soaps and other day to day media used to have degrees in some form of English. So, kids not only read correct grammar, they heard it every day.

Today I was watching reruns of a show called Favorite Spaces or My Favorite Space or some such. If I heard the phrase "most favorite" one more time, I think I would have gone out and punched someone. Really? Most favorite? Is that like most bestest?

It's a little thing. And yes, the ideas are more important than the structure with which they are delivered. But at some point you have to wonder why everyone sounds like they didn't get past third grade.
    As someone with Executive Functioning Disorder, I appreciate this. The structure helps me actually understand what people are saying. I often get lost in everyday conversations simply because people think they can leave out certain bits of context or get their pronouns confused. I really hope I can help teach my children to express themselves clearly someday, and that they don't end up having the same processing issues that I do.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    My gripe today is that I over slept and had to drive to work which meant that I had to first buy gas and I didn't want to have to do that until mid next week. Mortgage is due! can't spend any extra money.
    Health is Wealth!

Halloween!

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    I brought honeycrisp apples in to work and placed them where we keep goodies that everyone can eat. There was also halloween candy there. The halloween candy is gone and only two apples have been taken.

I bought 40lbs of honeycrisps through bountiful baskets with my last order, and have been making every thing that I can think of with apples, in addition to just eating them. That said, apples fried in kerrygold and sprinkled with a little cinnamon are awesome.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_H View Post
    That said, apples fried in kerrygold and sprinkled with a little cinnamon are awesome.
    I am totally going to try this ASAP.