Page 626 of 696 FirstFirst ... 126526576616624625626627628636676 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 626

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Kinda sucks going to a job fair and being told by almost every company that you're overqualified.
    I've been struggling in that same crappy gap of overqualified and underexperienced. I'm at "entry level" for senior/management tier jobs now, and I don't want to take junior positions anymore but am getting shortlisted but not hired (meaning I am just falling short). I'm hoping I break in soon so I can stop doing the crap temp work. I have some good prospects right now. Fingers crossed that we both get awesome jobs soon.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I've had a cough for about 2 weeks, now. Seems to get better and then worse. better worse. Coughed so hard last night, my ribs now hurt on my right side even when I just breathe. Because of the hurricane, my doctor and the medical aid units were closed Monday and yesterday. Finally called doctor this morning, she won't be in until noon. Haven't been able to work out in two weeks, but I think I've lost weight because I have no appetite. I don't have a scale though.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    My gripe of the day is that my sugar is in the toilet because when we were off for the storm in the East, I ate like crap and now its hard to get my sugar regulated again! You'd think I'd learn!
    Health is Wealth!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Damn you, hormones. I was feeling mostly normal for PMS week and now it's shark week and I'm suddenly feeling stress and depressed about totally not major things.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Dear Neighbor,

I hate your horrible little yappy dogs Sauron and Shelob and you are the sole reason I am not having Halloween at my house this year. I am going to a restaurant far away instead so that I don't have to open the door to you standing there with your dogs dressed up like angels and you shouting Trick Or Treat.

Love,
    Gay Panda

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, I specifically asked upper management when the next round of layoffs would be and they said they had no clue, that they were playing it by ear. Today, I found out they've already notified our union that it will be the end of this week.

Thankfully, I'm safe, probably for 2 more months. But I just hate how they lied to my entire department.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Dear Neighbor,

I hate your horrible little yappy dogs Sauron and Shelob and you are the sole reason I am not having Halloween at my house this year. I am going to a restaurant far away instead so that I don't have to open the door to you standing there with your dogs dressed up like angels and you shouting Trick Or Treat.

Love,
    Gay Panda
    Yell back "Trick or Treat" and slam the door in their face. Dogs don't go trick or treating. That or have some baking chocolate on hand and feed it to their dog...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Dear Neighbor,

Love,
    Gay Panda
    LMAO I love this...... althou I would possibly have opened the door and zapped the little ankle biters with a cattle prodder ! (its a long handled thing that when it touches anything - gives an electric shock)
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Primal Sarah is offline Junior Member
    So, Hurricane/Super Storm Sandy passed through the area earlier this week. I live in western NY so we didn't get hit too hard. Anyways, I was at the grocery store today and walked by the bulk section and a sign on a large bin of candy read, "SEVERE STORM SNACK." I was in shock! Seriously?!?! Candy as a snack!?!? How about candy as a rare treat!!! But I guess they wouldn't sell too much candy with a sign like that.

And along the same Super Storm Sandy gripes, I heard so many people say, "Oh, you need to go stock up on bread and milk." Really?!? Because I don't drink milk or eat bread. Why not load up on protein and veggies? I hard boiled some eggs and baked some chicken which could be eaten cold. Needless to say, our power never went out but we were ready if it did. I was also prepared to do an intermittent fast if needed. Just my gripe of the day. :-)

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Grammar. Mine's not perfect, but neither does it suck. Problem is that at some point, content mattered so much more than form that we disrespected it. Publishing houses used to employ editors. Writers of soaps and other day to day media used to have degrees in some form of English. So, kids not only read correct grammar, they heard it every day.

Today I was watching reruns of a show called Favorite Spaces or My Favorite Space or some such. If I heard the phrase "most favorite" one more time, I think I would have gone out and punched someone. Really? Most favorite? Is that like most bestest?

It's a little thing. And yes, the ideas are more important than the structure with which they are delivered. But at some point you have to wonder why everyone sounds like they didn't get past third grade.