Page 622 of 696 FirstFirst ... 122522572612620621622623624632672 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,220 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 622

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    GOTD. Whole Foods. I only go like every three weeks. Yesterday out of squid and grass fed beef shanks. Then when I got home I found out the fish lady had charged me $9.99/lb for some kind of sea bass when what I'd purchased was wild drum at $3.99/lb. They do adjustments easily, but having to save the receipt/barcode, etc. for three weeks is a pain in the ass.

Six weeks ago, I bought three different types of organic cherry tomatoes on sale. First two rung up correctly, third rung up as seedless grapes and overcharged. Again, no prob on the adjustment, in fact on that one, they refunded me the whole amount, so those were free tomatoes, but still and all, I don't really want the added hassle. sigh..

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    GOTD:
    All those suits i was waiting to wear again... when did they start looking like clown clothes on me... FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

4 suits to ebay dammit and one awesome London Fog.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I usually don't feel much like griping, but... I broke my little toe avoiding kid crap last Sat. night and now am too sore (need to stay off it a bit) to go walking and the weather is finally perfect for hiking ... Grrr!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I usually don't feel much like griping, but... I broke my little toe avoiding kid crap last Sat. night and now am too sore (need to stay off it a bit) to go walking and the weather is finally perfect for hiking ... Grrr!
    I've broken both my little toes more than once. Try taping it to its next door neighbor. That worked for me with one toe and wearing somewhat ridged shoes to give it support. Another time that didn't work and I had to wear flip flops or sandals that didn't press on the toe. In any case it's going to be sore for about six weeks and tender for awhile after that.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Whooping cough.

Nuff said.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Hospice was called in for one of my remaining grandfathers today.
    He is in his mid-nineties and lived a pretty healthy life up until the last few years.
    Macular degeneration set in a while back but it wasn't too bad and he still had decent peripheral vision and he did't let it slow him down a lot.
    He still walked and had a good strong mind and memory; he loved his books on tape.

The last few years though... *sigh*
    The end is really never graceful you know.
    And now it's time to go and say good-bye even though he won't know I'm there.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, Cori. Sending hugs.

My dad was in hospice for about a year and it sucks, but it's usually better than being in the hospital. Seems they're more worried about making you comfortable and letting you be, which is so much nicer than being poked an prodded constantly. My mom is still friends with my dad's hospice workers (he died 9 years ago) because they're just good, kind people.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

I know what you're going through, Cori, and my sympathies.

Try to focus on the great blessing he had of health into his 90s (!), and of all the positive memories with him.

TG for hospice.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Hospice workers are some of the world's real heroes.

Thoughts are with you, Cori. I'm glad he had a good life for a long time and that you have the chance to say goodbye.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    GOTD - My foot is still killing me. I'm completely sedentary and had to cancel my personal training for the week. 'Tis sad. On the plus side, it's starting to feel a bit better.