Page 62 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 62

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post

I will say though that if a dog owner can't teach their dog a modicum of manners or restrain the dog from jumping all over me, I reserve my right to feel prissy about it.
    I have had dogs all my life...trained them, showed them and now just have them as family members. I am a HUGE dog person and I agree with you completely. I can`t stand ill mannered canines. I keep my house clean, but there will always be SOME dog hair floating around....I have a Golden Retriever and a Papillon. I think that`s the prissiness Paleo`s talking about...people who can`t handle dog hair or drool or whatever.
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, not sure I get this -- nobody who _has_ a dog (a "pet in your life") would be prissy about dogs, would they? So are you really talking to the people who associate with dog lovers? But in that case "If you have a pet in your life, deal with it" is really saying "if you know somebody who has a pet in your life"... maybe I'm overthinking this.

I will say though that if a dog owner can't teach their dog a modicum of manners or restrain the dog from jumping all over me, I reserve my right to feel prissy about it. My friend's dog knocked me over when I was pregnant after gouging big bleeding clawmarks in my legs and stomach, and they didn't bother stopping her till I was already down. Yeah, darn right I'll get out of their house. And not go back.
    Some people just shouldn't have pets.. if they aren't going to train them properly!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I should have added the disclaimer -- I have known and loved and lived with some really great, well-trained dogs and I never had a problem with them. But bad experiences with bad dog owners (NOT bad dogs, it's not their fault!) have left me pretty leery. I guess that's my gripe of the day.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Paleobird Guest
    Hmm, not sure I get this -- nobody who _has_ a dog (a "pet in your life") would be prissy about dogs, would they? So are you really talking to the people who associate with dog lovers? But in that case "If you have a pet in your life, deal with it" is really saying "if you know somebody who has a pet in your life"... maybe I'm overthinking this.

I will say though that if a dog owner can't teach their dog a modicum of manners or restrain the dog from jumping all over me, I reserve my right to feel prissy about it. My friend's dog knocked me over when I was pregnant after gouging big bleeding clawmarks in my legs and stomach, and they didn't bother stopping her till I was already down. Yeah, darn right I'll get out of their house. And not go back.
    I am talking about someone who is dating a person who has a dog (me). Totally agree about badly behaved dogs. I'm talking about getting peeved because there is a little dog fuzz on the carpet.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Ah! Yeah, then definitely they have to make up their mind and either be cool with it, or be gone.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I am talking about someone who is dating a person who has a dog (me). Totally agree about badly behaved dogs. I'm talking about getting peeved because there is a little dog fuzz on the carpet.
    buh bye dude
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I wear a 30D. I can order online or pay mnimum $60 at a little boutique shop in Midland. That's IT. So I go get sized at the boutique shop before I buy new bras, then order a slew and hope that at least 2 fit.
    32F. bra shopping is a bitch.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    Just read the People magazine issue called "half their size" with a bunch of huge weight loss success stories. However, it sounded more like advertising as each story mentions a certain diet: Curves, Medifast, Weight Watchers ,Jenny Craig. One of the ladies in the story even tells how she is a spokesperson for Medifast. The following page was a HUGE double page ad for weight watchers. UGH.

The only decent story was the man's story who said he ate more salad and did p90X.

I am happy for them and am glad they lost the weight but it was hardly an inspirational read and I wonder how much they REALLY learned about health while losing all that weight. One lady said she has been STARVING but is glad to be 80 pounds smaller. I prefer primal diet as it is easy and i don't feel starving and i barely think about food except now the smell of meat makes my mouth water!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Anything that fits in the ear like a Bluetooth, earbuds irritate the insides of my ears. I've even tried special soft earbuds, don't help much.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by primalprincess7 View Post
    except now the smell of meat makes my mouth water!
    just reading of meat makes my mouth water.. *drools*

Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Anything that fits in the ear like a Bluetooth, earbuds irritate the insides of my ears. I've even tried special soft earbuds, don't help much.
    I don't like anything that goes in my ears.. it starts to hurt after a while ..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)