Page 617 of 696 FirstFirst ... 117517567607615616617618619627667 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 617

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lynna, I wonder how that would work in a french press. This way you could leave it before you press to as dark/rich as you wanted. Is there a place to just boil water at your work?

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Yesterday I got rid of any shirt larger than 3X/20in Neck and any pants over 54In waist.

this means i have 3 pair of pants and about 4 work shirts.....
    FML I must buy new clothes... it is something i avoid like the plague
    I wish I were closer - I love taking men clothing shopping. (I never got the Ken doll as a kid.)

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Lynna, I wonder how that would work in a french press. This way you could leave it before you press to as dark/rich as you wanted. Is there a place to just boil water at your work?
    I do have a French press, but I'm not sure I want to bring it to work. It's one of the pricier ones. We have a microwave. I haven't tried the French press yet, but my drip maker does a fine job. Another thing I've noticed is even when kept in a thermos, coffee flavor deteriorates, I haven't noticed that problem with the brewing cocoa.

Cool. Looks like you'll be having cocoa at work. I don't blame you on the french press. I hadn't priced them in years and then one day I looked at some new ones and was shocked. I do love them for camping or extended stays from home.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I do have a French press, but I'm not sure I want to bring it to work. It's one of the pricier ones. We have a microwave. I haven't tried the French press yet, but my drip maker does a fine job. Another thing I've noticed is even when kept in a thermos, coffee flavor deteriorates, I haven't noticed that problem with the brewing cocoa.
    I used to bring my French press to work at my old job, making fresh coffee daily with it. The only reason why I don't do so at my current job is because they have a machine that grinds beans fresh for each cup it brews, so that's a total win for me! I do use my press at home on the weekends, when camping, and for making iced coffee at home.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    If you don't need the actual numerical score and just want the credit report, you can get it from AnnualCreditReport.com for free. It's 3 different reporting agencies (major ones - Experian, Equifax and TransUnion), and you can get all 3 at once or (what I do) get one report every 4 months and just cycle through all 3. Then start over again after the 3rd one.
    Yeah, I know, but I wanted the actual numerical score. Apparently that was a mistake!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

dlb1us is offline Junior Member
    The problem with going barefoot -- is stepping on a damn bumblebee. My foot is still swollen. stupid bug

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Put calamine on it. Won't do shit for the pain, but just think of the cala miners you're keeping employed.

Today began abruptly at 6:57am LST (Leafblower Standard Time) and has already featured acrimonious encounters with a balky insurance adjuster, two Jehovah's Witnesses and a vomiting cat. FML.
    6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
    ― Søren Kierkegaard

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Oooh vomiting cats are always fun. Especially when they do it in the middle of the night and you step in it when you get up to go to the bathroom in the dark. Alas, my last kitty died 3 years ago and I haven't replaced her and probably won't as my asthma has gotten loads better without pets. However, she was very special and couldn't be replaced anyway, my little sweet, bitchy tortie.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Today's gripe:
    Puppy has developed separation anxiety and we're having to train it out of her, which rather blows.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome