Page 616 of 696 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618626666 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 616

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    GOTD:

Poor email skilz

dont tell me you have received a harassment complaint and you wish to speak with me when what you really mean is that you need to me to testify on the basis of a discrimination complaint against the department....

Harassment is a special word.

lets reserve it for what people normally mean

now can my stomach calm down maybe i wont need to vomit
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Attempt at using roasted cocoa beans in the Keurig at work = epic fail and a huge mess.

Anyway, I had put the already ground cocoa beans in my grinder and made them finer which I was doing to make them in my drip pot. Apparently this helps to keep the water from flowing through, causing the top to pop off the reusable k-cup and water and grounds to overflow. I will try again tomorrow, leaving them in the coarser grind they come in. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Lynna; 08-20-2012 at 04:53 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Got duped out of $31.95 by FreeCreditReport.com (to find out my score was only supposed to be $1, but one of the bureaus charges a lot more and *apparently* I agreed to that, though I never saw anything saying so). They'll refund me $17. Citizens Bank will file a claim when the charge completes, if I want, or I can call with FCR on the line to have them confirm their merchant ID info and talk about the charge or something to cancel it before it goes through. The process sounds frustrating and time consuming. Trying to decide if it's worth the hassle (to file the claim, don't have time to figure out the 3 way calling shit).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Woke up to strange orange light this morning. Apparently the wind changed over night and blew the smoke from a fire north east of us into our valley. I had all the windows open to cool the house down. Fortunately I just bought a filter yesterday that fits on the back of a box fan; a friend of mine said that would help filter out smoke in the house. I hope it works because DS has a compromised respiratory system.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Woke up to strange orange light this morning. Apparently the wind changed over night and blew the smoke from a fire north east of us into our valley. I had all the windows open to cool the house down. Fortunately I just bought a filter yesterday that fits on the back of a box fan; a friend of mine said that would help filter out smoke in the house. I hope it works because DS has a compromised respiratory system.
    The smoke from all the fires this year has been the suck! You may want to hang out a the library, mall or other indoor air conditioned venue to limit your exposure also.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    The smoke from all the fires this year has been the suck! You may want to hang out a the library, mall or other indoor air conditioned venue to limit your exposure also.
    Couple of years ago we had to do that, even finally went out of town for a few days. It looks like the wind has changed direction and the air is clearing; which is a good thing because my car is in the shop so we can't even go to the library which is the only place in our small town with AC.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Got duped out of $31.95 by FreeCreditReport.com (to find out my score was only supposed to be $1, but one of the bureaus charges a lot more and *apparently* I agreed to that, though I never saw anything saying so).
    If you don't need the actual numerical score and just want the credit report, you can get it from AnnualCreditReport.com for free. It's 3 different reporting agencies (major ones - Experian, Equifax and TransUnion), and you can get all 3 at once or (what I do) get one report every 4 months and just cycle through all 3. Then start over again after the 3rd one.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^I don't know what the costs look like for your area or how you worked that out, but it would be much more than that for me. $180/mo is money I just don't have.
    Yeah. $180/mo would make me think twice too! It's only $90/month here and I they do classes 5 times a week (3 time slots per day on M, T, Th, F and one time on Sun)

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I got rid of any shirt larger than 3X/20in Neck and any pants over 54In waist.

this means i have 3 pair of pants and about 4 work shirts.....
    FML I must buy new clothes... it is something i avoid like the plague
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Attempt at using roasted cocoa beans in the Keurig at work = epic fail and a huge mess.

Anyway, I had put the already ground cocoa beans in my grinder and made them finer which I was doing to make them in my drip pot. Apparently this helps to keep the water from flowing through, causing the top to pop off the reusable k-cup and water and grounds to overflow. I will try again tomorrow, leaving them in the coarser grind they come in. Wish me luck.
    Worked better this time, but not as rich as I'd like it to be. I guess I'll have to make it at home and bring it in a thermos.