Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 615

snoops is offline Senior Member
    oh brother it won't be in the 70's till October/November in Houston

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snoops View Post
    oh brother it won't be in the 70's till October/November in Houston
    Same here in Vegas.

And no, it's NOT a dry heat. It's monsoon season, so we've had rain in the forecast most days for the past few weeks, despite being 110+.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Since moving from California 5 years ago, my tolerance for anything above 85 has diminished. Guess i've become NW acclimated:-)
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Paleobird Guest
    GOTD: People who are so sun phobic that they HAVE to carry a parasol at all times including to a very crowded street fair. Everyone else can just get out of the way or risk getting poked. This happened on at least three occasions today.
    There were way too many people per square foot in and out of little open air shopping stalls, quarters way too tight for parasols. But you are special. You have delicate skin. And a vitamin D deficiency probably.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    GOTD: People who are so sun phobic that they HAVE to carry a parasol at all times including to a very crowded street fair. Everyone else can just get out of the way or risk getting poked. This happened on at least three occasions today.
    There were way too many people per square foot in and out of little open air shopping stalls, quarters way too tight for parasols. But you are special. You have delicate skin. And a vitamin D deficiency probably.
    Maybe they have lupus or some other illness that keeps them sun sensitive, such as a friend of my husband's who is on medication for epilepsy.

However, they should still be aware of possible poking issues and be careful.
    Last edited by Lynna; 08-13-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Dealing with inflammation issues in both Achilles tendons near my heels. Wah, I was just starting to get back into my running and increase my walking distances. Using ice massage, and stretching to hopefully get over it. The last time I had Achilles tendon issues where it's attached to my calf muscle, on my left leg (strained it running on the beach) I had to take six weeks off to get rid of the inflammation. I really don't want to do that if I don't have to....

And it didn't really help that the screen door shut on the back of my leg yesterday and I have a really nasty bruise.
    Last edited by Lynna; 08-13-2012 at 07:41 AM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I love my MIL and extended family. I really do. I try to tailor my primal eating around what available with dinner when we eat there every Sunday, so I don't hafta make special requests and make things more difficult. That becomes infinitely more difficult when it's a grain heavy meal and the veggie drawer is nearly empty of edible option. When the option is eat the torta or go hungry, I do what I can, even if I feel like shit the next day.
    I have tried telling them how I eat. I've requested them to keep lettuce or greens on hand, so I can make it primal-ish. They do what they can (I've finally drilled it into them that I don't like sweet tea and they keep a pitcher of unsweet for me,) but they forget. And I really can't fault them. It's just irritating on Mondays like today, when I have a mild migraine and I'm starving because of all the damn carbs and grains last night.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Naiadknight, have you thought about bringing a veg/salad dish to MIL's Sunday dinner for everyone? Or at least bring your own greens with for yourself. If MIL wouldn't be insulted. If she's already planned greens to go with the dinner, you could just take your stuff back home.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    She wouldn't be insulted. Most weekends we need to stop by the store anyways to get bread/ ice/ whatever on our way. It'd feel weird doing that, but I don't think she'd bat an eye.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Extra hormonal with a side of crazy. Fuck you, period!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.