Page 611 of 696 FirstFirst ... 111511561601609610611612613621661 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 611

Swarley is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    The only thing that makes Mondays at work barely tolerable is that 2 people I absolutely can't stand don't work on Mondays. However; they are both at work today and one of them must've taken a bath in a vat of perfume. gag
    Yea, that does blow. And you're in NEWARK!!!!! UD Class of '05 right here :-)
    The greater the achievement the more difficult the path. The easy road is granted to those less fortunate as a consolation prize.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    Yea, that does blow. And you're in NEWARK!!!!! UD Class of '05 right here :-)
    Cool!... I only went there one semester. At the time, young and stupid me, dropped out, decided to get married and had a family.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Forgot my lunch today. I had a dozen eggs from the farmer across the street, some kerrygold butter, some decent cheese, a full-fat greek yogurt with coconut sprinkles all packed and ready to go and I left it home. I don't love making omelets in the microwave, but it beats most of the alternatives.

Decided it wasn't a good day for skipping lunch due to my schedule today, so the best option available was to buy something to make lunch out of at the local grocery store. Of course, they only had 2% Greek Yogurt, terrible white flavorless eggs, and CAFO butter. At least I found a can of sardines in the emergency stash in my desk.

When we were moved into our office space a nearby loading dock was improved for our use as we get deliveries everyday. Lately people have been either using the dock, which is okay or leaving their vehicles in front of it, which is not okay. The problem is UPS will not stop if there is anyone parked at the dock. Today it is being used by another department, and....our UPS driver came and left.

So.....I went out and asked how long they would be using the dock and I was treated to a long and nasty tirade about how we have to contact UPS and resolve the problem with them, because they have to make our deliveries. I have worked with this woman before and as it turns out, she is just as nasty now as she was 17 years ago. Why do people have to be so rude when they are asked a simple question. All she had to do was say they will be in and out all day today and tomorrow. I didn't need to be mentally bitch-slapped.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    If the woman isn't in a position to fire you, I've found that laughing at workcreeps drives them crazy. It also works on snippy cashiers, waitstaff, etc. It's hard to remember in the moment of being pissed off, but practice makes it a habit.

Okay, I haven't griped in awhile so I have another one - CURSE YOU MERRELL! Stop coming out with cool barefoot styles. They now have a winter boot and a kind of moccasin type shoe called the Run Tempo Glove.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    If the woman isn't in a position to fire you, I've found that laughing at workcreeps drives them crazy. It also works on snippy cashiers, waitstaff, etc. It's hard to remember in the moment of being pissed off, but practice makes it a habit.
    Well she's 8 pay grades above me and could make my life miserable, she did once before when we were equal so I'm not going to piss her off intentionally.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Well she's 8 pay grades above me and could make my life miserable, she did once before when we were equal so I'm not going to piss her off intentionally.
    Yes, a much more difficult situation. Hopefully you see less of her in days to come.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: Dealing with the VA is INFURIATING>>>>>

I need my Medtronic Neuro-stim device system interrogated prior to scheduling for shunt placement surgery. For this I only need to see a Medtronic rep., NOT a doctor... but a Doctor has to call the Medtronic rep and set up the appointment.

So I call the VA and try to explain the situation to the scheduling idiot. She says "well who installed the device?"
    I explain "That is IRRELEVANT, I do not need to see a doctor."
    So she says "Well who is your primary care Phys? You need to schedule an appointment."
    And I respond "No, I do NOT need to see a doctor. I only need the doctor to call the Medtronic rep and request an appointment for me to see that person. Nothing else."
    And she says, "But that isn't a VA medical appointment we can't schedule that."
    I reply, "It's OK, I've done this before. This is how it works. My doctor simply puts in a fee-basis consult (for which there is actually NO fee because follow up care is included in the device cost, no I didn't try to explain that) to have the Medtronic rep come to the hospital and see me independent of any doctors or nurses..."
    I also told her "This is very important, I need it done because I'm waiting to schedule brain surgery."
    Her reply, "Whatever, I'll leave a message."

Guess what... they are supposed to contact me within 24 hours of the message. It's been 48.
    What do you want to bet that I call in again today and find out that there was NO message.

This happens EVERY time!
    I've had this type of simple thing take MONTHS.
    This is government run healthcare.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

prodistat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    GOTD: People that suck at their jobs. Your incompetence and ineptitude has real consequences for real people.
    Prodistat
    Poke it quickly, with a stick.