Page 610 of 696 FirstFirst ... 110510560600608609610611612620660 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 610

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Because, you know, no man out there has ever grown up with an abusive/crazy mother.
    I see what you mean, but I would still extend that to guys with crap for moms. I wouldn't want a guy that would put up with me treating him bad. Not that I would do that - both ex-husbands tried to get me back - but I don't want a guy that's a doormat either. If he had a bad mom, I would expect him to acknowledge that, but also respect me for not being like that.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Because, you know, no man out there has ever grown up with an abusive/crazy mother.
    You know... shit happens.
    I grew up with an abusive/crazy father.

Having a man as caring in my life as my husband has done a world of good in healing me from that environment.
    In spite of all the abuse I witnesses him perpetrate on my mother, my step-mother, and myself, I would attend my father in the hospital if he was sick and I needed to be there.
    Period.
    It's called acting like an adult.

However, in relationships studies there has been shown a clear indication that how a man treats his mother/sisters is actually a very good indication of how he will treat his partners.
    There is a clear difference in a man who avoids his mother because of a history of abuse, and one who treats family members badly just because he can get away with it.

For instance... my husbands older brother, raised in the same way and by the same woman, has not even bothered to call her. Guess how he treats women, including his daughter who is a teen... dismissively. If a woman isn't doing something FOR him, she isn't important to him at that moment. That actually goes for men to some degree as well, but he is particularly hard on women. He "loves" his younger daughter, who is not a teen yet and still has daddy as the apple of her eye, but this will pass as soon as she begins to develop into a young lady.
    This same guy lived in my MiL's Florida home while she moved to her NC home for an entire YEAR, and she paid the phone and electric for him (job troubles)... while he continued to go out and have fun on weekends and put money into his classic truck. That was just two years ago. How soon he forgets. What a guy.

Also... her husband continues to be cruddy, though he has shown up to the hospital for about 15 minutes yesterday and today. He is still refusing to bring her cell phone to her, has let its battery die, and has not checked the messages. She actually needs it to speak to her sister who is supposed to be coming to take care of her. My husband of course is doing all of that for her with his phone... but he didn't have the right number for his mother's sister (he had an old number) so he had to jump through hoops to find it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    In spite of all the abuse I witnesses him perpetrate on my mother, my step-mother, and myself, I would attend my father in the hospital if he was sick and I needed to be there.
    Cori, you're a better person than I. All my father did was leave the family and I never spoke to him again.

Now, for my gripe today: My fingernails are too long and I keep hitting the wrong keys on the keyboard. I know it's not earth shattering, but it's pissing me off. heh.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    GotD - remember to empty the shredder BEFORE vacuuming the carpet.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

SAdams is offline Member
    GOTD-My mother in law has been having problems with ADD, ringing in her ears and weight. I have been telling her for a while about this way of eating and how it could help her with those issues. I finally convinced her to buy It Starts With Food but at the same time she bought another "diet" book. She has decided to try the other book first because it would be cheaper to eat that way (which in some ways I can understand) the only problem is that this other book is a vegan book, all legumes, whole wheat and fruits/veggies. It even has her cutting out all healthy oils, dairy and her supplements including omega-3!!!!!!! I don't feel like I should preach to her about her diet but my brain was screaming at me while she was telling me this "YOU NEED HEALTHY FATS AND PROTIEN FOR YOU BRAIN TO WORK". The best advice I felt I could give her is to listen to her body. ERRRR frustrated.

SAdams is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    My daily gripe is that I hate the relationship between agribusiness and the government. Really. The whole GMO thing is making me want to go back to bell bottoms and marching in the streets. How dare they corrupt our freakin' foods. The USDA, EPA, and FDA should all be shut down because they don't do a farking thing.
    I completely agree with you on this. It is shocking to see the things that are supposed to be healthy for people to eat that are actually killing us!!!!! More people need to be educated and stand up for these types of issues.

Swarley is offline Junior Member
    GOTD - Got into work an hour ago to find that someone stole my trash can...I mean really, who steals trash cans? Let the inquisition begin!
    The greater the achievement the more difficult the path. The easy road is granted to those less fortunate as a consolation prize.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    GOTD - work toilets that are not clean.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    The only thing that makes Mondays at work barely tolerable is that 2 people I absolutely can't stand don't work on Mondays. However; they are both at work today and one of them must've taken a bath in a vat of perfume. gag

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Now, for my gripe today: My fingernails are too long and I keep hitting the wrong keys on the keyboard. I know it's not earth shattering, but it's pissing me off. heh.
    Kind of funny, as a tech support person, I can't tell you how many times I've encountered people with rather long nails that keep typing their passwords incorrectly and wonder WHY. It's very awkward to explain to them.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).