Page 609 of 696 FirstFirst ... 109509559599607608609610611619659 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,090 of 6959

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 609

Thrive Market
    Carb flu sets in, and my monthly horror comes shortly after. This is going to be a difficult week with cravings.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    GOTD: People who SUCK, aka my Father-in-Law!
    (***It's a full fledged rant, no need to sugar coat it.***)

My Mother in Law (we have our issues, but I love her) was admitted to the hospital LAST Tuesday for an emergency Appendectomy. It was so infected and inflamed that it burst during opening... they didn't even get to touch it.

Her husband/aka FiL, she married him after my husband was already grown and out of the house, did't bother calling my husband until Friday. He had already called and invited his OWN children (also already grown and out of the house when they married, so no real parent relationship with my MiL) up to NC to visit on the weekend however. And after giving my husband almost zero information about his mom told him "don't bother her by calling her", that they would be releasing her Friday night or Sat morning.
    He also didn't call any of my MiL's family. Not her brothers and sisters, nor her other son.
    My MiL actually asked FiL to call these people, all of the contact numbers are in her phone, and he blew her off.
    He also wouldn't leave her cell phone at the hospital with her.
    When she was in such bad shape that they wouldn't release her Friday/Sat, he didn't call anyone to let them know she was getting worse.
    Husband couldn't find out anything because his mom was in bad shape and couldn't use the phone in her room, and FiL had it so that the desk nurses wouldn't give him any information.
    Yesterday he finally got through, and found out that they had to install a feeding tube in her.
    FiL is not even visiting her now because has decided that he is "mad at her" about something. Probably the fact that she is selfishly resting in the hospital instead of at home cooking his dinner and washing his laundry as he actually mentioned those things to my husband... and he wasn't chuckling like he was making a joke.

Husband took off work, drove to NC this morning, and is there now.
    He has taken her some good filtered bottled water so she doesn't have to drink the nasty chlorine tasting city water, and is sitting with her keeping her company.
    And has found out that she has been at the hospital ALONE, with NO visitors at all including her husband, since Monday.

WTF??????

I'm glad I booked a hotel for husband to stay in... staying in the same house as FiL would not be good for husband right now.
    Hell... I don't think I'd manage to keep my mouth shut about it either.

Honestly, WHO does that?

I do not regret marrying a man who loves, cares for, and respects his mother.
    I know for a fact that he would never treat me that way.
    A burst appendix is pretty serious. I knew someone that happened to, they had to wash his intestines by hand to clear out the infection. He did get well, but it took a long time. As for the FiL, what a fuckhead....

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    My employer has a fitness center, which I recently started using more often. All that was necessary to become a member was a signed paper from a physician stating you were in good health, there was no charge for membership.

In June an email came out that on July 1, they were going to start charging members $5 a month and in order to let them know you wanted to continue, all you had to do was reply to the email. Well, I sent the reply on June 18 and I was able to access the center with my key card through July 11 and then I went on vacation.

I came back from vacation on July 24 and my key card wouldn't work. I contacted the person who sent the fitness center emails and asked if she had received my email, that stated I wanted to continue as a member. She replied that, yes, she had, but she forgot to forward my name to payroll, so deductions would start in August. Another thing, an additional email had come out while I was on vacation that they were extending the (grace) time to July 31 and if you didn't reply to continue by then, and wanted to become a member you would have to fill out a paper for a payroll deduction. However, she told me that I will not be allowed access until August.

IT WAS HER FAULT, WHY AM I BEING PENALIZED!!!!! And if they are extending the grace period until the end of July.....why..... oh I hate bureaucracy....

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    eating spring mix with lemon and MCT salt and mustard...

10th bite made me want to vomit.... this is the second time.

when did i develop an aversion to lettuces?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I occasionally get aversions to greens. I tell myself that it's because I've been eating too many and my body wants a break. Switching to things like cauliflower, squash, etc. for awhile does it for me. Down the road I start jonesin' for some spinach.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    cori93437, I so hope that your MIL loses that creep ASAP. What a jerk.

I hope she is feeling better now and what a gift your husband is.

"I do not regret marrying a man who loves, cares for, and respects his mother.
    I know for a fact that he would never treat me that way"

You are right. How a man treats his mother and his family is how he will treat you.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    oh my word cori. i wonder if there's anything his mom can do to prevent this from happening again, because it will. that's just the nature of aging and mortality. other than a divorce, that is. a living will maybe? i don't know.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    The original version of "Dawn of the Dead" stars a dude who looks a lot like Laurence Fishburne, but it isn't him, damn it! Plus, being trapped in a shopping mall with Zombies is vastly preferable with being trapped at Shop N' Save on a Saturday with, well, anyone. I hate the grocery store.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    "I do not regret marrying a man who loves, cares for, and respects his mother.
    I know for a fact that he would never treat me that way"

You are right. How a man treats his mother and his family is how he will treat you.
    Because, you know, no man out there has ever grown up with an abusive/crazy mother.
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    which is a special circumstance that wasn't included in the equation
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj