Page 608 of 696 FirstFirst ... 108508558598606607608609610618658 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 608

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Women who hose down in perfume. My nostrils are insulted.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Imagine that, I can't buy raw milk in the "land of the free" but I can buy it, without restriction, in Egypt.
    Go figure.
    I can buy it in the grocery store in California. Yay for state's rights! Your state has the right to pass stupid laws.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Imagine that, I can't buy raw milk in the "land of the free" but I can buy it, without restriction, in Egypt.
    Here in Nevada, it's perfectly legal to buy and sell raw milk. You just need a license from a department that doesn't exist and never was created. Simple! And don't you DARE try to bring it over from Utah, because that's illegal.

Because in a state where gambling, prostitution and 24/7 alcohol are legal, raw milk is a threat to civilization.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Here in Nevada, it's perfectly legal to buy and sell raw milk. You just need a license from a department that doesn't exist and never was created. Simple! And don't you DARE try to bring it over from Utah, because that's illegal.

Because in a state where gambling, prostitution and 24/7 alcohol are legal, raw milk is a threat to civilization.
    Psssssttt! Rita! Let's set up a smuggling operation. I could buy it here and you could meet me on the border somewhere in the desert. I'll split the profits with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Psssssttt! Rita! Let's set up a smuggling operation. I could buy it here and you could meet me on the border somewhere in the desert. I'll split the profits with you.
    I can just picture us getting busted and held at the end of an AK-47... for smuggling milk!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: People who SUCK, aka my Father-in-Law!
    (***It's a full fledged rant, no need to sugar coat it.***)

My Mother in Law (we have our issues, but I love her) was admitted to the hospital LAST Tuesday for an emergency Appendectomy. It was so infected and inflamed that it burst during opening... they didn't even get to touch it.

Her husband/aka FiL, she married him after my husband was already grown and out of the house, did't bother calling my husband until Friday. He had already called and invited his OWN children (also already grown and out of the house when they married, so no real parent relationship with my MiL) up to NC to visit on the weekend however. And after giving my husband almost zero information about his mom told him "don't bother her by calling her", that they would be releasing her Friday night or Sat morning.
    He also didn't call any of my MiL's family. Not her brothers and sisters, nor her other son.
    My MiL actually asked FiL to call these people, all of the contact numbers are in her phone, and he blew her off.
    He also wouldn't leave her cell phone at the hospital with her.
    When she was in such bad shape that they wouldn't release her Friday/Sat, he didn't call anyone to let them know she was getting worse.
    Husband couldn't find out anything because his mom was in bad shape and couldn't use the phone in her room, and FiL had it so that the desk nurses wouldn't give him any information.
    Yesterday he finally got through, and found out that they had to install a feeding tube in her.
    FiL is not even visiting her now because has decided that he is "mad at her" about something. Probably the fact that she is selfishly resting in the hospital instead of at home cooking his dinner and washing his laundry as he actually mentioned those things to my husband... and he wasn't chuckling like he was making a joke.

Husband took off work, drove to NC this morning, and is there now.
    He has taken her some good filtered bottled water so she doesn't have to drink the nasty chlorine tasting city water, and is sitting with her keeping her company.
    And has found out that she has been at the hospital ALONE, with NO visitors at all including her husband, since Monday.

WTF??????

I'm glad I booked a hotel for husband to stay in... staying in the same house as FiL would not be good for husband right now.
    Hell... I don't think I'd manage to keep my mouth shut about it either.

Honestly, WHO does that?

I do not regret marrying a man who loves, cares for, and respects his mother.
    I know for a fact that he would never treat me that way.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    What a fucking asshole. Maybe he'll die choking on a donut.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    What a fucking asshole. Maybe he'll die choking on a donut.
    Yeah, I kind of have my fingers crossed...
    She just nursed him through a quintuple by-pass!
    She basically lived at the hospital.
    And then all the after-care at home.

He got mad because he was telling her she needed to get up and do stuff, and she said she couldn't... and he said he didn't want to listen to her shit anymore.

The next day the hospital tried to call him because she was so much worse... and he wouldn't answer the phone and won't visit her.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Wow. I'm usually the one that plays the devils advocate, consider all the sides and everything.

But that's just an asshole. No two ways about it.

Grok is offline Senior Member