Page 606 of 696 FirstFirst ... 106506556596604605606607608616656 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 606

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by aix_sponsa View Post
    Dentist fees are the real culprits.
    Come to Egypt to get dental work done. Last year I broke a tooth and was given the name of a dentist by a friend, who is a doctor. Went to his office, very nice office, all the staff spoke English. The dentist was trained in the USA. 360 degree, high tech scan of my teeth and jaw structure, root canal, top of the line crown, etc. took 3-4 visits to get everything done. No pain felt when I was injected with a local, no sore mouth after.

Total cost? Just over $250 US. And I could not have gotten better care in the US.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I'm on vacation and I just found out my co-worker's house burned down early Tuesday morning. Thank the gods she and her husband got out all right, but they lost everything, including her 2 year old car that was in the garage. I wish I could be there to help.

Timthetaco Guest
    I'm heading out to California for my brother's wedding next week, and I expect it to be fantastically awkward. My brother and I have never been too close, and I've had a long history of making scenes at family events (depression, you know), so I'm not a groomsman. Shitty, but not entirely unexpected. But what really bothers me is that he's having one of his female friends stand as a groomsman. It's not like my brother doesn't know that many people; he's acquainted with at least a thousand people at any given time, but he didn't bother to scrounge up another male friend for his final groomsman so as not to make a spectacle of the fact that I'm not part of the wedding party.

So I'll be sitting in there in the audience, with his family, looking like his family, people knowing I'm his family, not standing as a groomsman, with a female standing in my place. But that beats the original plan, I guess: having my lesbian sister up there (in a tux) in my stead. Despite everything I've been through with my family, that's a truly lousy thing to do to someone.

I'll be drowning my sorrows in the Pacific. I love the ocean.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    In the wise words of someone, we can't control the actions of others, we can only control our response to them.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: I just lost 90 minutes to a meeting to discuss my 90 page strategic plan.

queue birds chirping......

I knew they didnt care, my boss knew they didnt care, his boss knew they didnt care... why bother wasting my time with a bunch of apathetic morons???

I have an RFP to write people. You didnt know what you wanted, you dont know what you want, hell you probably wont recognize what you get....

let me work in peace

nothin but love....
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aix_sponsa View Post
    Dentist fees are the real culprits. My stepmom is a pathologist and she jokes that she should have gone to dental school instead! No wonder two of the dentists in my hometown both drive Hummers...

Thanks for the hug though.

Jenny
    Every time I see a (non-military) Humvee, I think of a picture I saw once of a Duelly vs Hummer crash. The Duelly had a dented front bumper. The hummer was basically totalled I've always preferred real trucks.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesssa View Post
    I KNOW it's hot outside. I KNOW it's cold in the front lobby where my desk is.
    for the love of Grok there has GOT to be something else you people can think of to say to me when you pass through the lobby!
    seriously! I get so many "wow it's so hot outside, but its COOL in here!!!" YOU DON'T SAY?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!

also: walking thru Whole Foods yesterday it's amazing how much "stuff" nowadays is VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN. everything is labeled VEGAN this VEGAN that! when i WAS A VEGAN there was nothing anywhere and all the labels had to be scrutinized and I had to be so careful and there wasn't any convenience food besides nasty tofurkey shit and now EVERYWHERE EVERYTHING IS VEGAN

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    also: walking thru Whole Foods yesterday it's amazing how much "stuff" nowadays is VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN. everything is labeled VEGAN this VEGAN that! when i WAS A VEGAN there was nothing anywhere and all the labels had to be scrutinized and I had to be so careful and there wasn't any convenience food besides nasty tofurkey shit and now EVERYWHERE EVERYTHING IS VEGAN
    I'm just waiting for them to start labeling fruits and vegetables VEGAN... then maybe some of those VEGANS would eat some natural freaking food for a change!
    (I have a 'vegan' friend who seems to live completely on franken foods... seriously. Bleh!)
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    My roommate is a vegetarian because she doesn't like the texture/taste of meat. But I see tofurky in the fridge. o.O Does not compute.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Stumbly from my bike ride. Feel proud and also annoyed that now I have to make dinner and DON'T WANNA.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).