Page 604 of 696 FirstFirst ... 104504554594602603604605606614654 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 604

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    At the beach in Lewes Delaware all week. There are miles of beach. Plenty of space, so why do total strangers have to set up in the 6 feet between us and our neighbors instead of walking another 20 feet to the big(ger) empty space. One woman had her stuff 2 inches from ours.

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    Seeing as how you've had this cat for several years I'm guessing you've tried many things. But I'll throw a couple suggestions out anyway just in case they are new to you! To slow down her eating you can try spreading her kibble out on a cookie sheet so she can't scarf them down or put a largish rock in the middle of her bowl so she has to eat around it (the rock works better for dogs though) or get one of those electronic timed dishes that can dish out more meals per day then you might be home to do and just put a tiny portion of her days food in each time slot so again she can't stuff herself all at once. And it might be worth a try doing the raw thing for a couple months and seeing if it helps. It might! Just go slow on the switch!
    Thank for the advice. Since its been so hot lately their food has been almost liquids in the cans (dry food of any kind makes her throw up immediately so that's out of the question), I put the can in the fridge for a while before feeding last night so it was harder to eat. It really slowed down my other two cats, but only slowed her down slightly. I will try feeding 4 small meals maybe. I can do that most days, I think! I will also look more into raw, I think that might be a good solution.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    My gripe is that I can't seem to get going today. I was out and about for my walk this morning at 6:15 (humidity 90%; tshirt stuck to me before I got past the driveway) and that was actually quiet and lovely. Home is clean. Food is purchased.

It's currently 88 degrees out with a feels like temp of 97.

Well, writing that was pretty pathetic (and then therapeutic), so I guess I'll watch season 3 of Buffy and eat a grapefruit while I figure out what to do today.

jesssa is offline Member
    I am a receptionist. people call our office all day long asking for the email addresses of people who work here. everyone who works here has the same format of email: firstname.lastname@thecompanyname.ca.
    9 times out of 10, this is how the phone call goes:

me: do you have the correct spelling of their name?
    caller: yes
    me: ok, it will be their first name and their last name separated by a period, so joe -dot- employee -at- thecompanyname -dot- ca.
    caller: *talking and writing* ok j-o-e-dot-e-m-p-l-o-y-e-e-at-thecompanyname -- is that all one word? no spaces?
    me: yes, all one word... you can't use a space in an email address

poorly explained scenario, but it is out of frustration that I can't properly convey it lol
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I feel ya Jesssa. I'm in tech support. People say the darnedest things I think people get confused and nervous and forget what they are saying makes not sense. Or they're actually that dumb.

My gripe: the woman I hate dealing with started venting on me today and I felt so powerless and frustrated. I wanted to snap at her and say, "Listen, lady, you are a pain in the ass to work with. You complain about nothing working and then you don't let me try to help you. Then, when I tell you the problem is not one I can help with, you complain at me how your whole month has been pretty useless because nothing is working. Fuck your 'I know it's not your fault', then don't fucking complain at me! I can't help that your old computer shit the bed, I did my fucking best and spent a whole week of work-time trying to revive it so we wouldn't end up working completely from scratch on the new computer. JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP."
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jesssa is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I feel ya Jesssa. I'm in tech support. People say the darnedest things I think people get confused and nervous and forget what they are saying makes not sense. Or they're actually that dumb.
    unfortunately some of them really are that stupid. when I told a man today that you can't use a space in an email address, he said defiantly "yes you can! what about underscores!" to which I replied "well, in that case, it would be called an underscore, not a space. "
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

People say the darnedest things
    The first night in a new town and the roomie's tv breaks. I'm talking to him while dialling Walmart (so I'm not paying attention to either really well):

Walmart employee: 24 hour Walmart, how can I help you?
    Me: Could you tell me when you close this evening?
    Her: 24 hour Walmart...
    Me: oops - thank you. ::::almost pees pants laughing:::

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Haha I definitely have "blond" moments like that. I usually own up to them for a laugh, but it's still really embarrassing!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

If I don't do laundry today, I'll have to wear a thong tomorrow.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    If I don't do laundry today, I'll have to wear a thong tomorrow.
    Pics or it didnt happen
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com