Page 603 of 696 FirstFirst ... 103503553593601602603604605613653 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 603

  1. #6021
    lotusberries's Avatar
    lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    320
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Oh my...
    GOTD worthy INDEED!
    She's had digestive problems all her life and vomits frequently, but occasionally it's bad, like today! The only time worse than this was when she was on the window ledge above my bed and she threw up over the side and onto my head as I was sleeping. That was years ago now so the ick factor has slightly diminished.

  2. #6022
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    She's had digestive problems all her life and vomits frequently, but occasionally it's bad, like today! The only time worse than this was when she was on the window ledge above my bed and she threw up over the side and onto my head as I was sleeping. That was years ago now so the ick factor has slightly diminished.
    You win.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  3. #6023
    Urban Forager's Avatar
    Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    You win.
    Yeah, I decided I didn't even need to read it to agree!

  4. #6024
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,349
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    She's had digestive problems all her life and vomits frequently, but occasionally it's bad, like today! The only time worse than this was when she was on the window ledge above my bed and she threw up over the side and onto my head as I was sleeping. That was years ago now so the ick factor has slightly diminished.
    lotusberries - try researching and feeding raw. I have 6 cats (used to be 8 but a couple succumbed to old age), and one was the Champion Puker of the Decade, finally settled due to raw. Come on over to my journal space if you want to talk.

  5. #6025
    lotusberries's Avatar
    lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    lotusberries - try researching and feeding raw. I have 6 cats (used to be 8 but a couple succumbed to old age), and one was the Champion Puker of the Decade, finally settled due to raw. Come on over to my journal space if you want to talk.
    Thanks! I've looked into feeding raw many times since the store I buy their food from has freezers full of raw stuff. I think I was initially against it because I didn't want her throwing up raw food everywhere (she throws up is she eats too much, or too fast, among other reasons) but I am definitely not opposed to trying it out.

  6. #6026
    lotusberries's Avatar
    lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    320
    Okay, my GOTD yesterday doesn't seem so bad now. Got into a car accident this morning, we got hit by a truck, and omg am I sore. My luck just keeps getting worse.

  7. #6027
    Noctiluca's Avatar
    Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    Thanks! I've looked into feeding raw many times since the store I buy their food from has freezers full of raw stuff. I think I was initially against it because I didn't want her throwing up raw food everywhere (she throws up is she eats too much, or too fast, among other reasons) but I am definitely not opposed to trying it out.
    Seeing as how you've had this cat for several years I'm guessing you've tried many things. But I'll throw a couple suggestions out anyway just in case they are new to you! To slow down her eating you can try spreading her kibble out on a cookie sheet so she can't scarf them down or put a largish rock in the middle of her bowl so she has to eat around it (the rock works better for dogs though) or get one of those electronic timed dishes that can dish out more meals per day then you might be home to do and just put a tiny portion of her days food in each time slot so again she can't stuff herself all at once. And it might be worth a try doing the raw thing for a couple months and seeing if it helps. It might! Just go slow on the switch!

    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    Okay, my GOTD yesterday doesn't seem so bad now. Got into a car accident this morning, we got hit by a truck, and omg am I sore. My luck just keeps getting worse.
    Ouch! Hope you are ok other than being stiff and sore!

  8. #6028
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,121
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    SBhikes, if you want to make a statement, stand up and leave when this happens. If they say, "Hey, where are you going?" tell them "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were done since you started another conversation. I can come back later when you're free."
    +1
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  9. #6029
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,349
    Someone should stick a "JERK" sticker to my forehead... I reserved a spot weeks ago at our local nature center for a terrarium class for adults to be held today...

    and slept right through it. I absolutely, positively, truly, really, honestly, verily HATE missing appointments!!!!!

    I had the thing in my calendar and all, too. Spent the whole night watching a DVD about Leonard Susskind vs Stephen Hawking and The Black Hole War; and Garrett Lisi and the Theory of Everything. And proceeded to get a good night's sleep right through half of the day. Damn.

  10. #6030
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,150
    I'm bloody depressed every fucking evening lately. Hormone poisoning is a bitch.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •