Page 599 of 696 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609649 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 599

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    that.. is awesome, happy rain dances all around
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Went out and looked this morning. I hadn't realized just how sad everything looked until now. Even the little bluestem, a drought tolerant prairie grass that actually likes dry heat, is perkier. Same with the prairie dropseed. Of course I also fed the shit out of (into) everything yesterday as well.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: Missing out on all the love and adoration of my harem here..... damn work
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    The Dark Knight Rises isn't out yet, which vexes me greatly.

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Having a sugar habit. Which you then have to break. Sucky part(s) - both ends of the equation.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Gripe of the day: Why do people (at work) bother talking to me at all? Why do they waste my time? What everyone does is ask me a question or ask to speak to me about something important and then before I can answer the question or before they can fully finish a single sentence explaining their problem to me their attention goes to some random other thing. "Thank you for coming to discuss building our web application. What I would really like is...hey look! Solar garbage cans!"

Also, anybody at all can always walk right in to any discussion I am in and totally hijak it and I'm ALWAYS left sitting there waiting and waiting and waiting. "Thank you for coming to discuss building our web application. What I would really like is...hey Jenny, come on in, how's it going blather blather blather..."

Seriously if you can't focus long enough to discuss the matter with me then don't bother until you can shut the door and concentrate. This is REALLY getting on my nerves. Everybody does this to me. I'm in a technical field, not a social one. When people talk socially they all just talk and nobody listens. But as a technical person, if you pull that social blather talk on our technical discussion, you're being an idiot. I LISTEN, so if you are just talking blather to just fill the air with noise, you are wasting my time. I need real discussion otherwise I can't do the work you need from me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    we have the same type of soil here; i've spent so much on peat moss just to help loosen it a little. i really should test it for nutrient deficiencies, no doubt there are some.
    Dunno if you know this, but peat is a non-renewable resource and actually has almost no nutrients. Time and homemade compost are your best bets.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Gripe of the day: Why do people (at work) bother talking to me at all? Why do they waste my time? What everyone does is ask me a question or ask to speak to me about something important and then before I can answer the question or before they can fully finish a single sentence explaining their problem to me their attention goes to some random other thing. "Thank you for coming to discuss building our web application. What I would really like is...hey look! Solar garbage cans!"

Also, anybody at all can always walk right in to any discussion I am in and totally hijak it and I'm ALWAYS left sitting there waiting and waiting and waiting. "Thank you for coming to discuss building our web application. What I would really like is...hey Jenny, come on in, how's it going blather blather blather..."

Seriously if you can't focus long enough to discuss the matter with me then don't bother until you can shut the door and concentrate. This is REALLY getting on my nerves. Everybody does this to me. I'm in a technical field, not a social one. When people talk socially they all just talk and nobody listens. But as a technical person, if you pull that social blather talk on our technical discussion, you're being an idiot. I LISTEN, so if you are just talking blather to just fill the air with noise, you are wasting my time. I need real discussion otherwise I can't do the work you need from me.
    I feel for you. A lot.

My company seems to think that small talk is necessary when you are contacting someone internally for information. I guess I'm supposed to care about them as a person? The problem is- I don't. Nor do I see a reason to see them as anything more than an information recepticle. (I have made good friends here, but 90% of the people I talk to I talk to under duress) Just give me the damn information and let me get back to work.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    SBhikes, if you want to make a statement, stand up and leave when this happens. If they say, "Hey, where are you going?" tell them "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were done since you started another conversation. I can come back later when you're free."
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm having a feeling like heart palpitations. It has happened in the past, usually just one or two in a few seconds, and then nothing again for weeks, months, or years. I can't recall when I had the last. I've been eating fine lately, some bad stuff over the weekend and a couple cookies this week, but all in all, less than 5% of my weekly intake, I'd say. I just had a few feelings of palpitations over a 10 second period, then again a minute later. That's more than I ever feel and I have to say, it's freaking me out a bit. I can't tell if it's a superficial (pec) muscle or deeper.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).