Page 598 of 696 FirstFirst ... 98498548588596597598599600608648 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 598

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    GotD - "Paleo" bread.

Hell, ANYTHING that uses the words "paleo" or "primal" right next to the words bread, pie, muffins, rolls, pancakes...

I just got all ranty on the "Paleo Bread Finally!" thread. I guess I am starting to own this WOE for myself if I feel strongly enough to rant.

I understand gluten-free bread, low-carb pancakes, clean-ingredient muffins, nut-crust pie. But Paleo bread is an OXYMORON!!!!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Fucking Tennessee gardening. My experience is all from The Netherlands, good moisture, loamy, reasonable temperatures. Now? Clay, dry, hot as fuck.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Here, here!

Once it's been doused in tequila... it's CLEAN!
    Maybe you douse it a first time as a rinse just to oust any fuzzy bits... but the germs are toast!
    Toast? Did somebody say TOAST? Toast isn't primal.....

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Shit...I missed all the fun.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Fucking Tennessee gardening. My experience is all from The Netherlands, good moisture, loamy, reasonable temperatures. Now? Clay, dry, hot as fuck.
    If you really want to make a difference with your clay soil, mix COARSE organic matter into it. Clay particles are extremely tiny (1000 of them equal the size of a grain of sand) and the coarse matter will help tremendously. Don't forget to mulch for increased earthworm activity. I have improved a patch of almost pure clay by letting the worms do my work for me.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    If you really want to make a difference with your clay soil, mix COARSE organic matter into it. Clay particles are extremely tiny (1000 of them equal the size of a grain of sand) and the coarse matter will help tremendously. Don't forget to mulch for increased earthworm activity. I have improved a patch of almost pure clay by letting the worms do my work for me.
    Oh yeah, I have been mixing compost, leaf mold and other stuff and it's mulched. And there are definitely more worms now that when I started, but I think the heat is hammering it as well. Today I gave them composted chicken manure, seaweed and a bacterial/fungal "probiotic'. A couple already started perking up. Of course my rosemary, yucca and rattlesnake master were all happy as they could be already.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I hate it when my plants show heat stress. I have a 40 year old maple that looks wilty in the heat and I know that it isn't in need of water.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

RAIN! REAL RAIN! We've been so in need and everything's been passing us by or we'll get a few drops here and there. Finally! Thunder and everything!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    we have the cloud bank and lightning, no rain yet *crosses all 15 toes*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    we have the cloud bank and lightning, no rain yet *crosses all 15 toes*
    I am soooo doing a happy dance. If you're anywhere near Nashville you may well get some of this.

We have tied another record high in Nashville. 104-degrees for Saturday. That is 8 days of record heat in June and July for the music city.

Isolated showers will continue to pop up into the evening hours. They will in no way be as widespread as they were on Friday.

The record heat will be over come Sunday. The high on Sunday will reach 97 degrees. And more normal temperatures as we move into Monday and Tuesday with highs in the upper 80's.

A cold front will move towards middle Tennessee. Bringing better chances for rain Sunday afternoon/evening and on into Monday. Rain chances will reach 70% on Monday. A line of thunderstorms may develop along the front so we will keep a close watch for any severe weather.