Page 591 of 696 FirstFirst ... 91491541581589590591592593601641691 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 591

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been told I resemble Glinda the Good Witch on The Wizard of Oz, so that's my avatar on other forums.

Well.. then that one drunk guy said I looked like Madonna years ago. But he was drunk.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    We're not going to start doing PB quotes are we?
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    We're not going to start doing PB quotes are we?
    Inconceivable!

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Inconceivable!
    No! To the Pain!
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    No! To the Pain!
    She doesn't get eaten by the eels at this time.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Glad he is better! Mine has issues, too, and my very own father accused me of "talking the doctor into" prescribing custom ankle braces... Like a world-class pediatric orthopedist at the Cleveland Clinic is going to be such a marshmallow. And I am crazy enough to want the expense of new custom dafos every time her feet grow - the things run usd650 - EACH FOOT. You totally have my understanding and sympathy. Sometimes family members can suck.
    Thanks Crabcakes! I hope ankle braces help. I know the medical costs can be overwhelming. The inlaws don't see DS that often and when they do he's in good health (otherwise we wouldn't be there) so they don't realize how our daily life revolves around keeping him healthy. But then again they've always treated us like we pamper him. It's true that we make a concerted effort to keep him healthy and it's paid off; most kids with his condition are in the hospital at minimum every 2 yrs.; at 14 he's only had 2 hospitalizations. So what ever we are doing it's working.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    The inlaws don't see DS that often and when they do he's in good health (otherwise we wouldn't be there) so they don't realize how our daily life revolves around keeping him healthy. But then again they've always treated us like we pamper him. It's true that we make a concerted effort to keep him healthy and it's paid off; most kids with his condition are in the hospital at minimum every 2 yrs.; at 14 he's only had 2 hospitalizations. So what ever we are doing it's working.
    Soooo glad to hear that the uninformed opinions of others aren't derailing the care of your son! Obviously I can't know what he has, but if he is averaging a hospital stay every 7 years instead of every 2 - DAMNED FINE JOB. I don't let anyone get in my way, either. And people who don't have dependents (or personal experience) with big issues just don't get how hard the daily slog can be. I do PT, OT, ST, VT, bifocals, ankle braces, lots of dental surgery (cause the kiddo doesn't teethe so all must be pulled in sequence) , AAC device (talking computer for the non-verbal), special diet, home equipment for sensory disorder, handicapped eating utensils, all her personal care because she cannot yet do it for herself, and for fun - handicapped swim and horse riding. And the kid is now 11. It's not a brag - I bet you do tons of medical. One day with mine wears my oh-so-opinionated father out - his constant mantra is "did a DOCTOR order this??". He can go to hell. At this point in my life, I have very little patience with people who should know better.

You know what? I'm going to make that the gripe of my day - DENSE FAMIlY MEMBERS.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    She doesn't get eaten by the eels at this time.
    Ah - there are still the ROUS's....

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i don't think they exist
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i don't think they exist
    Blasphemer!

We'll never survive.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.