Page 588 of 696 FirstFirst ... 88488538578586587588589590598638688 ... LastLast
Results 5,871 to 5,880 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 588

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I hate it when people who use nom or any version, thereof; when describing food - wtf you sound like a 2 year old

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    If this computer had a face, I would be punching it, repeatedly, until my knuckles were broken and bleeding, just so it could go to the hospital and be someone else's problem. This would have been a great learning experience, up until extending over the weekend and my fix not working because of a stupid application (the idea was sound, the program just did not do what it was supposed to do, despite SAYING it had completed successfully).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyMac703 View Post
    I don't live here full time, but I grew up in CS. I'm spending a month here this summer while I'm between leases in Idaho (where I'm a grad student). And I was totally looking forward to doing the Manitou Incline every day while I was here to get in great shape ... this fire sucks! (Obviously that was a little sarcastic, there are more important things than the incline, but yeah!
    Not to be pessimistic, but I expect they'll find more bodies -- with how quickly the fire came down over the ridge, there was no way everyone got out of there.
    Are you in one of the evac areas? If you need a place to stay (pet friendly and primal food!) PM me and I'll give you my info.
    I really appreciate the offer, but I'm well away from the fire. My roommate and I skipped out for a bit partially because if they called for an evacuation that far east, it would be a mess, and partially because we like to be able to breathe

People keep telling me about the Incline. It falls under "I really should and really, really don't want to." It's, what, a mile of stairs?

The couple they found was apparently pulling into their garage and closing the door when everyone else was leaving. Hopefully no one else was that stupid?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Grok is offline Senior Member

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    So, in trying to save some money (feeding my family of 5) I looked at canned tuna. This would also have been a huge time saver, as I have 3 young children and work full time.

THEY PUT SOY AND OTHER CRAP IN THE CANNED TUNA!!! WTF?!?!
    There are some brands that don't add the crap - keep reading labels. I buy the Sunflower Market yellow fin tuna for abt. $1.30 a can and it has no soy or funky oil in it. I think all the name brands add it though.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    My GOTD (also Gripe of the Month carried over from last month): Childish co-workers. (Well, one specifically.)

For heaven's sake, I DON'T care what you're doing in your cube. I make a point of NOT looking into it. You don't need to "wallpaper" the window between our cubes to keep me from looking! Really!

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    If this computer had a face, I would be punching it, repeatedly, until my knuckles were broken and bleeding, just so it could go to the hospital and be someone else's problem. This would have been a great learning experience, up until extending over the weekend and my fix not working because of a stupid application (the idea was sound, the program just did not do what it was supposed to do, despite SAYING it had completed successfully).
    Imagine doing this with an application you'd never seen before working at your employer, while being paid to do graphic arts (and believe me, there's a STEEP pay grade difference between IT and graphic arts, unless you're an art director in a big city). That summarizes my existence. We run a piece of accounting software that is completely wrong for our usage, within an Active Directory ecosystem. I want to Thelma and Louise myself once a week, but there are no canyons here...
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I buy the Cloverleaf tuna here, which is probably the most common name brand in a lot of grocery stores in my part of Canada, and at least the water-packed skipjack variety I get only has tuna, water, and salt as ingredients. Don't buy oil-packed tuna--it will almost certainly have soybean oil in it.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I buy the Cloverleaf tuna here, which is probably the most common name brand in a lot of grocery stores in my part of Canada, and at least the water-packed skipjack variety I get only has tuna, water, and salt as ingredients. Don't buy oil-packed tuna--it will almost certainly have soybean oil in it.
    +1 Yes, most oil packed tuna does that i've seen.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    most of the water packed tuna i've seen in the stores has "broth" in it. who knows what's actually in that.