Page 587 of 696 FirstFirst ... 87487537577585586587588589597637687 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,870 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 587

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    As far as playing in restaurants, I think you are teaching kids to be respectful to others and that there is a time and a place for everything. Just as I would expect a child to be more restrained in a nice restaurant or someone else's house, I would expect them to be loud and exuberant at a playground or in a backyard or someplace similar.

It's not about punishing kids for being kids. It's about teaching them early on what is appropriate so that it comes naturally when they're older and people don't write them off as being obnoxious and unruly.

To be honest, my ex's mom told me more than once when mine were younger that she took them many more fun places (amusement parks, the zoo) than their cousins because she knew they would act reasonably and not be out of control. It was to their benefit, even then, to be fairly well behaved. Trust me, they were far from Stepford kids, but they were taught what was appropriate behavior for a given situation.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Thank you CattyB ... we were following the High Park Fire news until recently, when this thing took center stage. It's downright eerie outside right now -- the gray haze is like something out of The Road. I took a fruit and veggie tray to the local newspaper (where my mom works) for the afternoon press briefing ... but this is unbelievable.
    I used to hike in Waldo Canyon with my dog ... weird to think about how everything up there is gone.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Grok is offline Senior Member
    We better bail these guys out so they can keep on losing money, I mean this economy would totally collapse if a few bankers don't receive their million dollar bonuses every year. Time to take the kids out of school and put them to work so we can bail out the bankers once again...

JPMorgan Trading Loss May Reach $9 Billion - NYTimes.com

June68 is offline Senior Member
    GOTD = Mowing the lawn makes my skin itchy!!
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

cmlloyd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Wow you sure do look dumb all pregnant on the subway standing there in those high heels making pained faces at me. Why won't I get up and give you this seat?

Because there's an open one right next to me and two behind you, but you'd rather make agonized faces trying to get me to give you this one.

Who told your stupid ass to wear heels? And how did anyone as ugly as you ever get pregnant in the first place?

(I'm not so fat that you can't fit in beside me, and the nice big black man sitting next to the two empty seats isn't going to rip your fetus out the womb and eat it, so sit your dumb ass down.)

(Jackass.)
    *giggle*
    However rude and unethical your comment may seem to others - I guess you had to be there....but I think it's funny. people do put themselves in some pretty pathetic situations waiting on someone to save them.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyMac703 View Post
    My hometown is burning. Everything else going on in the world just seems trivial and irrelevant right now.
    Oh AmyMac, that is awful. My friend's parents' place (his childhood home) was one of the houses that burned in the Slave Lake fire last year--1/3 of the town was destroyed. It's heartbreaking. I hope that people got out safely.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Can we please teach people to be more self-aware? "I'm not interested in anything you have to say because you'll always be wrong in my eyes!" Why can't people just SAY that?!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    So, in trying to save some money (feeding my family of 5) I looked at canned tuna. This would also have been a huge time saver, as I have 3 young children and work full time.

THEY PUT SOY AND OTHER CRAP IN THE CANNED TUNA!!! WTF?!?!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    The Waldo Canyon fire seems to be getting better- far less smoke today. I hear they're finally getting a solid handle on the High Park fire, too, although we did steal the prize for the most structures lost. Goodie?

I didn't know you were here, too, AmyMac! Hi!

GOTD: Idiots and assholes that seem to think evacuation notices are given for shits and giggles. We have had ONE confirmed death so far with 32,500 evacuees. That's with the fire flying down hill and into the town in a totally unexpected way on Tuesday. Just because you THINK you can outrun the fire if it does that again does not mean that you CAN.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't live here full time, but I grew up in CS. I'm spending a month here this summer while I'm between leases in Idaho (where I'm a grad student). And I was totally looking forward to doing the Manitou Incline every day while I was here to get in great shape ... this fire sucks! (Obviously that was a little sarcastic, there are more important things than the incline, but yeah!
    Not to be pessimistic, but I expect they'll find more bodies -- with how quickly the fire came down over the ridge, there was no way everyone got out of there.
    Are you in one of the evac areas? If you need a place to stay (pet friendly and primal food!) PM me and I'll give you my info.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/