Page 58 of 696 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 58

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by CKATTO71 View Post
    Walking my dog with Vibrams on and she got scared of another dog and kept jumping in front of me while I was walking...I think it's broken!
    oohdear. Comparing this with the looks of my husband's currently-broken toe... I would bet on broken. Tape it to the toe next door using some of that stretchy nonstick athletic tape, do a lot of walking, it'll heal faster.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettle View Post
    GOTD Had a doctors appointment today, a follow up from a previous appointment. My doctor is great but I always have to wait. I don't usually mind because the chairs are comfy and go prepared with a book or read tons of magazines. I treat it as a restful down time. However today the lady beside me was chewing gum. Not just a slow chew but hyper fast chew and mostly with her mouth open. Thought I was going to go nuts. I kept praying that she would be the next one called but nope she was right before me. It was 45 mins of chew, chew, chew,(slobbering sounds) chew, chew, chew, (slobber) chew.....

Gah.

The gum chewing woman
    The cud chewing cow,
    look just alike, but different somehow.
    What is the difference?
    I see it all now.
    It's the intelligent look
    on the face of the cow.

nothing against gum chewers but have some decorum

and no, I didn't write that. I paraphrased it from one I heard in high school. Do not ask how I remember that crap from 18 years ago but sometimes forget my own name.
    Last edited by canio6; 04-08-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: credit where credit is due and such
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Tiggadyrue is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Biting my lip or inside of my mouth while eating.
    Have you ever bitten that flap that is connected to your tongue, just beneath the tongue?! I have no idea how I keep doing that! :/

Tiggadyrue is offline Member
    Walking my dog with Vibrams on and she got scared of another dog and kept jumping in front of me while I was walking...I think it's broken!

Ooooo.. I gots the same color on my toez!!!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    The gum chewing woman
    The cud chewing cow,
    What is the difference?
    I see it all now.
    on the face of the cow.

and no, I didn't write that. I paraphrased it from one I heard in high school. Do not ask how I remember that crap from 18 years ago but sometimes forget my own name.
    LOL. I love that one! Yeah, I'd go ballistic with that. In my last class we all had to do presentations. One lady (who drives me insane anyway because she always has to speak up and ramble it most of the time it has nothing to do with the discussion) did the whole thing while chomping and clicking on her gum. Seriously? This is graduate school people. Ergh.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Looks like it could be. I've wacked both of my little toes at one time or another(and assumed they were broken cuz they took about 6 weeks to heal). One I was able to tape to its neighbor and that worked fine. The other, just hurt too much to do that and I had to wear, sandals (usuall flip flops) that didn't touch the toe for no pain. Right now I'm dealing with a sore toe that I caught on the bed post a couple of days ago. It's not discolored like yours, just sore.

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    The gum chewing woman
    The cud chewing cow,
    What is the difference?
    I see it all now.
    on the face of the cow.

LOL. I was thinking about a cow at the time. Couldn't help it. I don't have anything against chewing gum, I chew it myself on occasion but there is gum chewing and then there is GUM "smack, slobber" CHEWING. I kept trying to tell myself that maybe she was stressed and it was her way of relieving it or something. I mean how could she not know what she sounds and looks like if she does it that way all the time.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    OMG the gum chewing. I would go insane if i had to listen to that.

my gotd is gd aholes who ride at race pace thru a two-way singletrack trail and RUN HEAD ON TO ME AND KNOCK ME OFF MY BIKE! I was actually even in the process of calling out around the blind corner when this idiot came blasting from the other direction & slams into me. The air became quite blue in the trail. That kid better be glad my bike was OK.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    OMG the gum chewing. I would go insane if i had to listen to that.

my gotd is gd aholes who ride at race pace thru a two-way singletrack trail and RUN HEAD ON TO ME AND KNOCK ME OFF MY BIKE! I was actually even in the process of calling out around the blind corner when this idiot came blasting from the other direction & slams into me. The air became quite blue in the trail. That kid better be glad my bike was OK.
    Holy cow, that isn't good! Glad to hear your bike is ok and hopefully other than being peeved, you're ok as well.
    Georgette

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    My gripe of the day is that all of my gripes of the day are related to either work or my commute. Have I no life?!

Oh wait, I have a life, it just doesn't suck.

Also, my counterpart in another department seems to be suffering from PMS Brain at the same times I do. That does not help.