Page 578 of 696 FirstFirst ... 78478528568576577578579580588628678 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 578

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    My gripes are all serious and more personal (because it is not just me, it's my most important relationship) to even think about today, but it's all that's on my mind. I feel...soul-crushed.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    nothing is too petty. share.
    +1
    We promise not to tell you it's petty. Even if it's petty.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My gripes are all serious and more personal (because it is not just me, it's my most important relationship) to even think about today, but it's all that's on my mind. I feel...soul-crushed.
    damn, soulcrushed is bad! devastating even. sorry. if it helps to share...

*bear-hug crush* 'Cause that's all I've got.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Waahh no, I will cry. I'm a super sensitive flower today.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

*bear-crush with shoulder reinforced with tissues*

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    *hugs nameless*

well...
    i have a childcare swapping arrangement with a friend: she watches my kids for a few hours every week, i watch her kid for a few hours every week. I feel pretty lucky in this for a few reasons, one because she's a nice person whom my kids like (even my toddler, who waves happily at me as i leave him there), and also because she's okay with swapping my three kids for her one. So understand, i feel grateful for the arrangement (it allows me to attend classes without putting my kids in a daycare setting during the summer).

Yesterday was her day to watch my kids and she asked me to pack them lunches. Well, i packed one juice box for every one of my kids (so three juice boxes). Her 5 year old apparently protested loudly at the fact that i didn't pack one for him, and so she wouldn't let my kids have their juice boxes (these are a very rare treat in our house). she calmly explained to me when i picked them up, how her son felt really excluded because all the other kids had juice boxes.

I guess i understand that it's tough to be the odd man out, but my kids have to deal with that pretty frequently, even on their own without their siblings sharing their exclusion. my firstborn had to deal with it really frequently from toddlerhood until his sister was old enough to share the exclusion (so at least until he was 3-4) and he has to deal with it at school every day when i pack him primal-friendly foods and "only" one treat while all his friends are eating junk food and "3 or 4" treats. so i guess i assumed "other people have stuff and we don't always get it too" was a pretty universal thing. but here i am feeling sort of guilty that i didn't pack one for him. i know, really petty.

Waahh no, I will cry. I'm a super sensitive flower today.
    oh crap. well cry it all out, and know there are people out there that care and maybe after a good cry, you can think about it differently. I dont mean to diminish your pain....cry. I feel like I know you from just being here for ages even if we havent directly interacted, maybe just ... no it feels like empty platitudes. cry it out, and I hope you feel better soon. hugs.

saoirse..that it tough because your position was reasonable. Was there any expectation of universal catering?

Mommy politics sounds like a whole new raw ballgame, esp when you need convenient arrangements to function. How did you respond?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    *hugs nameless*

well...
    i have a childcare swapping arrangement with a friend: she watches my kids for a few hours every week, i watch her kid for a few hours every week. I feel pretty lucky in this for a few reasons, one because she's a nice person whom my kids like (even my toddler, who waves happily at me as i leave him there), and also because she's okay with swapping my three kids for her one. So understand, i feel grateful for the arrangement (it allows me to attend classes without putting my kids in a daycare setting during the summer).

Yesterday was her day to watch my kids and she asked me to pack them lunches. Well, i packed one juice box for every one of my kids (so three juice boxes). Her 5 year old apparently protested loudly at the fact that i didn't pack one for him, and so she wouldn't let my kids have their juice boxes (these are a very rare treat in our house). she calmly explained to me when i picked them up, how her son felt really excluded because all the other kids had juice boxes.

I guess i understand that it's tough to be the odd man out, but my kids have to deal with that pretty frequently, even on their own without their siblings sharing their exclusion. my firstborn had to deal with it really frequently from toddlerhood until his sister was old enough to share the exclusion (so at least until he was 3-4) and he has to deal with it at school every day when i pack him primal-friendly foods and "only" one treat while all his friends are eating junk food and "3 or 4" treats. so i guess i assumed "other people have stuff and we don't always get it too" was a pretty universal thing. but here i am feeling sort of guilty that i didn't pack one for him. i know, really petty.
    You're right, you're super pet . . .

Wait, hang on. What is wrong with that woman? She probably has no idea that she's creating the kind of person that makes those of us that had siblings cringe when someone says they're an only child. What a precious little snowflake he must be. Yeesh. While it's not your job to make him deal with the fact that sometimes he has to do "without" it's also very much not your responsibility to give him a blinkin' juice box, either. Just sayin'.