Page 577 of 696 FirstFirst ... 77477527567575576577578579587627677 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 577

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Picked up an 11 pound bag of Blue Wilderness grain-free cat food at the store. 35 bucks, but whatever. On the way to the register, I spot a 22 pound bag for 50 bucks. I do the quick math and... score! I put the other back, grab the bigger bag, pay and take it home. The cat is wondering WTH this monster bag is, so I open it to let her smell.

Crap. It's dog food. 50 bucks and I don't have a dog. The bag is opened so I don't feel right about returning it. Plus, I might need a job there when I get laid off and I don't want to be THAT customer.

Thankfully, I remembered my son's roommate has a large dog and a small paycheck, so the dog gets premium food for a while.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    sweet for the dog!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I love waking up at six in the morning, going to work, running frantic errands and then driving eight hours before I get to sleep.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    When is the almond milk craze going to blow over? Shit has a texture like liquid plastic.

Unsweetened almond milk ingredients: Ingredients: almondmilk (filtered water, almonds), calcium carbonate, tapioca starch, sea salt, potassium citrate, carrageenan, sunflower lecithin, natural flavor, vitamin a palmitate, vitamin d2 and d-alpha-tocopherol (natural vitamin e).

Unsweetened milk ingredients: MILK.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

GOTD: the word preggers
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    When is the almond milk craze going to blow over? Shit has a texture like liquid plastic.

Unsweetened almond milk ingredients: Ingredients: almondmilk (filtered water, almonds), calcium carbonate, tapioca starch, sea salt, potassium citrate, carrageenan, sunflower lecithin, natural flavor, vitamin a palmitate, vitamin d2 and d-alpha-tocopherol (natural vitamin e).

Unsweetened milk ingredients: MILK.
    I don't know... maybe when people who are very lactose intolerant or allergic to casein stop existing.
    It tastes a hell of a lot better than "Soy Milk".

That said... I drink raw milk from lovely pastured A2 cows.
    For years I drank almond milk though because I cannot drink the standard milk from the store without becoming very sick. And I occasionally liked something milky and cold.
    Sometimes I bought almond milk from the store because I was sick and in poor health and it was too much to go through the milk making steps, sometimes I made it myself at home. (Blender, water, almonds, dates = milk)
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Spouse looked at my bowl of mushrooms and asparagus topped with some hamburger, guacamole and salsa and said why do I mix my food like that and that he found it so disgusting he couldn't even look at it. WTF? After 12 years you suddenly have a problem with this? And to say that "many cultures would find this to be a gross breach of etiquette"? I call bullshit.
    I'm done cooking for you; from now on it's every man for himself.
    I read your posts. IF'ing sounds good, and I'm not normally vindictive. Or - you could just make frozen peas. And nothing else. Just so his food isn't "mixed" with anything, you know...

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Blackbird got me going with the hubby gripes.

We live on a dirt road outside of a one-intersection-but-no-traffic-lights town in the middle of nowhere (nearest town is 7 miles away), and the house is 600 feet down a gravel drive from the dirt road, situated in our own completely forested acreage. If you can see into my windows, you are so trespassing that I get to shoot you.

Problem is, hubby is all over me and the kids to constantly keep the windows closed, the windows locked, the doors deadbolted and locked (deadbolt and doorknob locks on all doors), puts all kinds of cheap "security" devices all over the house (stuck with two-sided tape to my new paint job) and grounds and then spends hours getting them jimmied so they work - some. And that is when we are home. Area is very low crime. And I want to breathe the fresh air we are paying a &%%^ mortgage to live here for!!!

So - when he gets so bad that I want to move out, I lock him out of the house. You know, he goes into the garage for something, I lock both doors behind him. He goes out onto the wrap-around porch for something, I lock both doors behind him. You get the idea. I am immune - I was told to lock the doors...

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Gripe:
    I have a really stupid gripe which is too petty to share, but still won't get out of my brain. Stupid brain.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    Gripe:
    I have a really stupid gripe which is too petty to share, but still won't get out of my brain. Stupid brain.
    nothing is too petty. share.