Page 576 of 696 FirstFirst ... 76476526566574575576577578586626676 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 576

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    went to Safeway/Vons today to get some paper products. While I was there, also picked up condiments I can't find at Whole Foods--Worchestershire sauce and Frank's Red Hot. Also needed some sweet relish for a recipe, so I find the pickles and relish. I picked up a jar of sweet relish, flip it over--Corn syrup. OH YEAH, this is why i dont buy stuff at the regular grocery store. Pick up another jar...HFCS. another--HFCS............AND ANOTHER----H........F...........C........S!!!!!!!!! ARGH! seriously? ALL of the sweet relishes with HFCS? NOT EVEN SUGAR?!?!?!?!
    Not to crush your dreams, but Frank's Red Hot has plenty of high fructose corn syrup in it.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Registrar's office gave us one hot mess of a schedule for next semester, completely omitting the two most important classes of the whole degree program.

This will not do.

Might have to resort to something devious. Blackadder "I've got a cunning plan" (weasel) - YouTube

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    Spouse looked at my bowl of mushrooms and asparagus topped with some hamburger, guacamole and salsa and said why do I mix my food like that and that he found it so disgusting he couldn't even look at it. WTF? After 12 years you suddenly have a problem with this? And to say that "many cultures would find this to be a gross breach of etiquette"? I call bullshit.
    I'm done cooking for you; from now on it's every man for himself.
    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Spouse looked at my bowl of mushrooms and asparagus topped with some hamburger, guacamole and salsa and said why do I mix my food like that and that he found it so disgusting he couldn't even look at it. WTF? After 12 years you suddenly have a problem with this? And to say that "many cultures would find this to be a gross breach of etiquette"? I call bullshit.
    Well, I hope he has fun with his "sandwiches," and frozen pizza, which, you should remind him, both mix food groups in a "breach of etiquette." LOL!!!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Well, I hope he has fun with his "sandwiches," and frozen pizza, which, you should remind him, both mix food groups in a "breach of etiquette." LOL!!!
    She mixed the ingredients together. Like a hash.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    She mixed the ingredients together. Like a hash.
    My mouth magically makes a hash of any dinner I eat. Stupid, etiquette breaching mouth!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    remember this, when he puts on puppydog eyes and asks you to make something because he's hungry
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    You would think what with his law degree and all he would see the fallacy in his so-called logic.
    But no.
    My brother used to have a thing with the food on his plate touching and the parents would tell him "it all gets mixed up in your stomach anyway".

The sad part is that I have been buying all the groceries and doing all the cooking for the last few months.
    I may just be magically Ifing every day at dinnertime.
    Why? Because I can.
    Last edited by Blackbird; 06-19-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    My brother used to have a thing with the food on his plate touching and the parents would tell him "it all gets mixed up in your stomach anyway".
    I admit it. I'm a food separatist too.

But if someone else is doing the cooking, I'm an "everything looks great, thank you SO much" instead.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    stupid serpentine belt slipped off while i was driving. *surprise!!* you have no power steering while you're trying to make a tight turn in the rain and hail!! thank goodness for the pushups that i have done, and am now motivated to begin again.