Page 575 of 696 FirstFirst ... 75475525565573574575576577585625675 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 575

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    II gave her a quick rundown of when Queen was and why they aren't making more, then introduced her (via my mp3 player phone) to Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, Styx, and Boston before I dropped her off.
    I used to have long drives with the kids in the backseat, so I'd quiz them about rock bands. A song would come on the radio (classic rock station) and I'd give them a quarter if they could name the song and the artist. But it got too expensive. On the bright side, they know their rock history.

When I wear my Led Zep tee, most of the comments come from 20-something guys.
    Last edited by RitaRose; 06-15-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    When I catch The Cure playing out in public... I usually grab something to pretend it's a microphone and embarrass the p*ss outa the husband!

Other songs I just suddenly break into dance... I'd say that's probably equally embarrassing as far as he is concerned.

It's OK though, he isn't innocent... sometimes he follows me quacking like a duck.
    We are lucky enough to have a band room, wish you could come jam with us!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Queen!

I made sue to give my own some a thorough tour of rock history...
    He would listen to some of my old stuff in his MP3 in the locker room and the other guys would ask if it was new.
    He once came home gobsmacked thatone of his buddies had thought some old Queen was new Queens of the Stone Age or something. When the guy asked who it was son replied "Queen", and his buddy replied back, as if it jogged his memory "Oh yeah, Queens of the Stone Age." LOL
    Also... <3
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Anyone listen to "FUN"? The kid (and I say that, because yes I'm an OG:-) sounds a lot like Freddy Mercury...

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    went to Safeway/Vons today to get some paper products. While I was there, also picked up condiments I can't find at Whole Foods--Worchestershire sauce and Frank's Red Hot. Also needed some sweet relish for a recipe, so I find the pickles and relish. I picked up a jar of sweet relish, flip it over--Corn syrup. OH YEAH, this is why i dont buy stuff at the regular grocery store. Pick up another jar...HFCS. another--HFCS............AND ANOTHER----H........F...........C........S!!!!!!!!! ARGH! seriously? ALL of the sweet relishes with HFCS? NOT EVEN SUGAR?!?!?!?!
    What really ticks me off is HFCS in Horseradish. It should be just the horseradish root and vinegar and that is so hard to find these days. They even make it with soybean oil. Are they all nuts?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    What really ticks me off is HFCS in Horseradish. It should be just the horseradish root and vinegar and that is so hard to find these days. They even make it with soybean oil. Are they all nuts?
    Try the kosher section. They've got the good stuff.

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    Anyone listen to "FUN"? The kid (and I say that, because yes I'm an OG:-) sounds a lot like Freddy Mercury...
    YES, he does. The guy can't quite hit those notes like Freddie but he and the band are like new age Queen to me.

My friends never thought of it like that before and now they blame me for making FUN=New Age Queen for them, lol.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jes1014 View Post
    Yay! A fellow librarian!!
    Not a librarian, just a library assistant who works in the technical services department and scans new books into a system of 10 libraries. I do the really popular fiction and the majority of the continuations which includes reference, travel books and @&$¥=+^%#} test prep books.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    went to Safeway/Vons today to get some paper products. While I was there, also picked up condiments I can't find at Whole Foods--Worchestershire sauce and Frank's Red Hot. Also needed some sweet relish for a recipe, so I find the pickles and relish. I picked up a jar of sweet relish, flip it over--Corn syrup. OH YEAH, this is why i dont buy stuff at the regular grocery store. Pick up another jar...HFCS. another--HFCS............AND ANOTHER----H........F...........C........S!!!!!!!!! ARGH! seriously? ALL of the sweet relishes with HFCS? NOT EVEN SUGAR?!?!?!?!
    Try to find Wickles. Our Safeway carries it

Products

Grok is offline Senior Member
    I just got back from a local Indian grocery store and I checked the relish jars there...no HFCS.

They looked really delicious too and I don't normally go for relish.