Page 573 of 696 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623673 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 573

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Just read the latest issue of AP music magazine. A bunch of kids talking about how they're getting back to "real metal," like "stuff I grew up with in the early 2000s, like 'As I lay Dying and blah, blah, blah." DAMN that makes me feel old and sad. I'm sad that most of these new "metal" bands think that dressing up like Motley Crue means that they're REAL metal. I'm glad some of them are getting away from keyboards, though, good for them.
    Reading this makes me feel old. Child, I'm 50. I remember disco. You're NOT old.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Reading this makes me feel old. Child, I'm 50. I remember disco. You're NOT old.
    My gripe is actually realizing that I will never be "old enough" to feel old. There will always be someone calling me "child". I'm a married, grown woman. Maybe when I'm 80 I can gripe, I guess.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    My gripe is actually realizing that I will never be "old enough" to feel old. There will always be someone calling me "child". I'm a married, grown woman. Maybe when I'm 80 I can gripe, I guess.
    Some day you will feel old.

Either you'll see a really cute outfit and realize you'd look like that crazy lady in denial wearing it, or they'll play a muzak version of your "screw the world!" song while you're in the elevator on the way to fix your hot flashes.

Trust me.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post

Either you'll see a really cute outfit and realize you'd look like that crazy lady in denial wearing it, or they'll play a muzak version of your "screw the world!" song while you're in the elevator on the way to fix your hot flashes.

Trust me.
    My point is that I already feel old, and my feelings are deemed "invalid" because I happen to be younger than "XYZ". I realize that it may seem arbitrary and "cute" that someone can feel "old" at 31, but the context was heavy-metal music, a genre in which one can easily feel out of touch if they still listen to the same music they listened to in high school. In a broader perspective, I have people call me "kid" and at 31, I've experienced much in life: multiple miscarriages, multiple family suicides, alcohol addiction, marriage, a master's degree, etc. etc. It doesn't make me feel better to be called "kid," but I realize you have your own nostalgia to be defensive about

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post

Trust me.
    Recently... this...

I wasn't paying attention to it.
    I never WATCH commercials...
    I simply got up to go to the bathroom and suddenly had a WTF!!! moment as the tune caught my ear.
    Since WHEN are the weirdo Violent Femmes listen kids (moi for instance, trust me... I was definitely considered a weirdo for my musical tastes transgressions, among other things)) the "target audience". *dramatic sobs*

I stood in the middle of the living room and RANTED towards the husband... who really had no clue what I was going on about.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Recently... this...

I wasn't paying attention to it.
    I never WATCH commercials...
    I simply got up to go to the bathroom and suddenly had a WTF!!! moment as the tune caught my ear.
    Since WHEN are the weirdo Violent Femmes listen kids (moi for instance, trust me... I was definitely considered a weirdo for my musical tastes transgressions, among other things)) the "target audience". *dramatic sobs*

I stood in the middle of the living room and RANTED towards the husband... who really had no clue what I was going on about.
    well, this makes me feel old, too! I recently heard The`Cure playing in Petsmart and realized I was`their target demographic

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    My point is that I already feel old, and my feelings are deemed "invalid" because I happen to be younger than "XYZ". I realize that it may seem arbitrary and "cute" that someone can feel "old" at 31, but the context was heavy-metal music, a genre in which one can easily feel out of touch if they still listen to the same music they listened to in high school. In a broader perspective, I have people call me "kid" and at 31, I've experienced much in life: multiple miscarriages, multiple family suicides, alcohol addiction, marriage, a master's degree, etc. etc. It doesn't make me feel better to be called "kid," but I realize you have your own nostalgia to be defensive about
    No need to worry. And not being defensive at all. We've all had our share of "life experiences".
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Paleobird Guest
    I never said your feelings were invalid. Just that they were funny from my point of view. I used to hate being called kid or kiddo but now I understand the people who did it and realize that that wasn't a put down or not taking me seriously at all. More like envy.

The older folks aren't "being defensive" about their nostalgia, they just have more years of it piled up than you do. Trust me, when you are my age you will understand. (Yeah, I used to hate it when people said that to me back then too.)

Okay. Still irritating, but okay.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Who farkin' knows. My issue is that they're clearly putting that article up there to freak people out but it's on MICE. What the fuck does a mouse's bowels have anything to do with mine?
    Richard Gere might be able to answer that.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right