Page 572 of 696 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582622672 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 572

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm in travel book hell. One of our libraries order 160 travel books. I hate the end of the fiscal year.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I'm in travel book hell. One of our libraries order 160 travel books. I hate the end of the fiscal year.
    You could send them to me!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    So...where to you want to go? Cuba? Budapest? Prague? Washington D.C.? Florence? Cornwall? Maui? Argentina? Myrtle Beach?Lebanon?...and so on.....

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    So...where to you want to go? Cuba? Budapest? Prague? Washington D.C.? Florence? Cornwall? Maui? Argentina? Myrtle Beach?Lebanon?...and so on.....
    All of them.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

canio6 Guest
    Text conversation I just had with my old college roomate who has been unemployed and living on disability for going on 12 years.

Him: I have to send another letter to the student loan people to tell them I had no income for 2011. More paperwork!

Me: It's better than paying them.

Him: Yeah, I just hope some peon there doesn't tell me to send them something else.

Dude, that f'ing 'peon' is actually working. He is not sitting on his ass for over a decade taking in thousands of dollars of free money (free to him) because he got fired from his first real job for sexual harrassment and managed to convince a doctor he has 'anxiety'

so GotD: leeches.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    BBC News - Milk fats may alter gut bacteria causing bowel diseases
    REALLY. Because feeding MICE a high fat diet makes SO MUCH SENSE.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Let me tell you- they alter my gut when the f'ing cream is off. 10 days before the expiration date. Again.

I thought that the fact that I'm not permitted to purchase raw milk was so that I didn't have to be concerned about the little beasties in the milk. If I have to CHECK IT ANYWAY then what's the farking difference? (That's right, I returned it, grabbed another one with a different date- same lovely smell)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Who farkin' knows. My issue is that they're clearly putting that article up there to freak people out but it's on MICE. What the fuck does a mouse's bowels have anything to do with mine?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Who farkin' knows. My issue is that they're clearly putting that article up there to freak people out but it's on MICE. What the fuck does a mouse's bowels have anything to do with mine?
    What... you didn't know that mice began having pastoral societies 8500-6500 BC and therefore some of them have gut flora highly adapted to digesting ruminant milk products.

(I bet they were giving those poor mice pasteurized! Because THAT'S natural!)
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just read the latest issue of AP music magazine. A bunch of kids talking about how they're getting back to "real metal," like "stuff I grew up with in the early 2000s, like 'As I lay Dying and blah, blah, blah." DAMN that makes me feel old and sad. I'm sad that most of these new "metal" bands think that dressing up like Motley Crue means that they're REAL metal. I'm glad some of them are getting away from keyboards, though, good for them.