Page 571 of 696 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581621671 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 571

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I left the stove on today when I left for work. I was drying a cast iron pan and brushed my teeth and forgot about it. At least it's undamaged, but Boyfriend didn't notice until he came BACK to the house after he'd left. And at least this hasn't happened in a while but gaarrrrrr. So bad.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Tinathetaco is offline Junior Member
    I am so sick of this fat women's empowerment bullshit. There is a BIG difference between being fat and actually having curves.

Some context:

I have a lot of female friends who are quite overweight; they tend to be a part of this little movement. Anyway... on Facebook, a girl I know posted something along the lines of, "I <3 my curves; I'm so happy to have a great top and bottom all I need to do is tone." Firstly, her "top" is fake. I know because I've felt them. Secondly, she's very short and very round; in fact, I think her width and height might be equal, so "toning" for her would involve losing 50 or 60 pounds. It's not even just her... it's everyone I know. There are all these stupid memes pertaining to size and beauty; my particular "favorite" is "real women have curves." Those are rolls, honey.

I'm no skinny-mini, but I don't go around talking about my supposed curves or how great my supposed curves are. I don't even consider them curves! It's excess fat hanging out around my hip bone.
    Last edited by Tinathetaco; 06-12-2012 at 06:35 PM.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinathetaco View Post
    I am so sick of this fat women's empowerment bullshit. There is a BIG difference between being fat and actually having curves.

Some context:

I have a lot of female friends who are quite overweight; they tend to be a part of this little movement. Anyway... on Facebook, a girl I know posted something along the lines of, "I <3 my curves; I'm so happy to have a great top and bottom all I need to do is tone." Firstly, her "top" is fake. I know because I've felt them. Secondly, she's very short and very round; in fact, I think her width and height might be equal, so "toning" for her would involve losing 50 or 60 pounds. It's not even just her... it's everyone I know. There are all these stupid memes pertaining to size and beauty; my particular "favorite" is "real women have curves." Those are rolls, honey.

I'm no skinny-mini, but I don't go around talking about my supposed curves or how great my supposed curves are. I don't even consider them curves! It's excess fat hanging out around my hip bone.
    Yeah, but you have to admit, neither one is healthy. Women were meant to have some fat stores, at least more than a healthy male. It seems people on both ends of the spectrum, abnormally skinny to the point of amenorhea and overweight have forgotten that the whole point is to be healthy, not some number on a scale.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Dear Snobby Lady,
    I overheard you talking to your equally snotty friend about the new Tex/Mex place you and your husband just opened in my neighborhood. We had wanted to try that place. You've ruined it. You were rude to me, and I will pass this on.

Sincerely,
    Someone Who was Just Trying to be Nice and do their Job by Helping You, While You Shot Me Daggers Because I Was Interrupting Your Texting to Answer YOUR QUESTION.

Tinathetaco is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Yeah, but you have to admit, neither one is healthy. Women were meant to have some fat stores, at least more than a healthy male. It seems people on both ends of the spectrum, abnormally skinny to the point of amenorhea and overweight have forgotten that the whole point is to be healthy, not some number on a scale.
    I wasn't implying that the opposite extreme is better in any way, I just get irritated with all of the excess self-esteem, or perhaps even a defense mechanism they have set up. It's almost like they're Cartman, "I'm not fat, I'm big boned." Except it's, "I'm not fat, I have curves."

Timthetaco Guest
    The Cochrane Collaboration declares saturated fat innocent in the development of heart disease and the paleo community rejoices. The Cochrane Collaboration declares fish oil less than helpful and the paleo community shits a brick.

What's that thing George Carlin used to say about people?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Now the spambots are talking to each other.

sigh

There's one of those "Watch this now for free!" threads and it actually had replies. I admit it. I looked.

The first post was the standard spammer with a link to a movie, then the 2nd post was another spam post thanking the first one for the wonderful link and saying what a wonderful movie it was. Then the 3rd post was talking about all the great information!

Okay, who plugged HAL back in!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Commercials that go like this:
    *smiling person* "I owed the government $12,000 because I haven't paid my taxes in years. I was worried. The IRS had sent letters to my house. Then I heard about Putdatsheet Toneu Tax Help Agency! I ended up settling with the government for $12.47! Thanks Putdatsheet Toneu Tax Help! I got to keep my house, Iphones, and Escalades!"
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Commercials that go like this:
    *smiling person* "I owed the government $12,000 because I haven't paid my taxes in years. I was worried. The IRS had sent letters to my house. Then I heard about Putdatsheet Toneu Tax Help Agency! I ended up settling with the government for $12.47! Thanks Putdatsheet Toneu Tax Help! I got to keep my house, Iphones, and Escalades!"

Kind of like the ones that go... "I owed $20000000 bajillion in past taxes but then I became Treasury Secretary/a member of Congress/a Czar and now all my problems are gone. Suckers!"

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Stop commenting on my size.