Page 57 of 696 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157557 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 57

JenniferK is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Originally Posted by DianeThePurple
    People who have no clue what the hell they want... but THEY WANT IT NOW!
    You've met my 3-month old?
    Have mercy! . . . You've met my BOSS!?!
    A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are for. ~John A. Shedd

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    having all the symptoms including blood results showing hypothyroid and ZERO ENERGY and having my doctor say "you're young, you will get over it, just go on weight watchers diet". I'm 27 and feel like shit everyday! I have not been back to the doctors since then because i've lost all faith in them.ugghhhhh

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Look up the best thyroid endocrin in your area. If he/ she's not accepting new patients, ask who they'd recommend. I did that and it worked out GREAT!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

My brain has apparently decided that, because I spent from 830-1345 in a doc's office waiting for and taking a physical, that it won't be needed. I need to be able to correlate al lthis data, maps, science, and site info with a meeting tomorrow.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

CKATTO71 is offline Senior Member
    Walking my dog with Vibrams on and she got scared of another dog and kept jumping in front of me while I was walking...I think it's broken!

Quote Originally Posted by DianeThePurple View Post
    People who have no clue what the hell they want... but THEY WANT IT NOW!
    I see you've met the reason I left a previous employer, as well as my middle sister and most of the redneck trash relatives I have up in Okiehoma and Arkiesas.
    My Primal Battle Tome

h3hound is offline Junior Member
    My gripe today? This from the USDA dietary guide:

"Whole grains are a source of nutrients such as iron, magnesium, selenium, B vitamins, and dietary fiber. Whole grains vary in their dietary fiber content. Moderate evidence indicates that whole-grain intake may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and is associated with a lower body weight. Limited evidence also shows that consuming whole grains is associated with a reduced incidence of type 2 diabetes. Consuming enough whole grains helps meet nutrient needs. Choosing whole grains that are higher in dietary fiber has additional health benefits."

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    GotD: I started work at 7:20am. It is now 23:48. I'm dog tired.
    So why can't I sleep??

(and don't say "because you're on the internet..." )

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    GotD: I started work at 7:20am. It is now 23:48. I'm dog tired.
    So why can't I sleep??

(and don't say "because you're on the internet..." )

I find I get too tired to sleep, too. It's very weird. Usually if I read a while I eventually nod off.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    GOTD Had a doctors appointment today, a follow up from a previous appointment. My doctor is great but I always have to wait. I don't usually mind because the chairs are comfy and go prepared with a book or read tons of magazines. I treat it as a restful down time. However today the lady beside me was chewing gum. Not just a slow chew but hyper fast chew and mostly with her mouth open. Thought I was going to go nuts. I kept praying that she would be the next one called but nope she was right before me. It was 45 mins of chew, chew, chew,(slobbering sounds) chew, chew, chew, (slobber) chew.....

Gah.