Page 568 of 696 FirstFirst ... 68468518558566567568569570578618668 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 568

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i put a small pork roast in the crock pot late morning, and returned home to discover that it wasn't turned on. so i've had pork roast sitting out most of the day, and nothing for dinner.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I have an open fireplace, so a smoke detector wouldn't do me much good, at least not in winter. (er, see current pic <- )
    My GOTD is that I CANT have a fireplace.. open or not. Had a closed one that STILL caused asthma attacks when lit
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    My GOTD is that I CANT have a fireplace.. open or not. Had a closed one that STILL caused asthma attacks when lit
    Wood burning fireplaces are illegal in Vegas. You have to have one that burns gas, but one month of those bills and you'll never light it again.

The older houses are grandfathered in, and you have to pay a serious premium to get one that has it. I know a guy whose house burned to the ground - literally bulldozed it, but he kept the fireplace and rebuilt around it so he wouldn't have to have a gas one.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Eeww the Chinese chestnuts are in bloom. Peeeyew

vtphoenix is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastersteve View Post
    I have to buy new slacks, because mine have out grown me, again.

I saunter over to the mens department at Target where I find stacks and stacks of 36/38/40 waist Kakhi's and TWO! stinking pair of 32's, one of which was Pleated. UGH!

I look around the store as I walk to the checkout with my single pair of pants and don't see any dudes likely to be wearing 32 waist pants.

I wannna' know who keeps taking all the 32s.

And, the smallest belt they have is a 32/36, which puts me straight to the last hole. I already have a belt like that, dammit!

I didn't think to look in the boys dept. Maybe next time.
    I have a 36 inch inseam, and my waist has been decreasing, but I can never find a 36 length, they only go to 34s in most stores. So, of course...hey, let's try the big and tall section. Okay...36 length...38 waist...40 waist...42, 44, 46, 48, 50.....where's the stuff for the TALL people, not the BIG AND TALL people?

So, of course I have to deal with just the 34 lengths. Shorts are so much easier to buy...I need to live someplace and work someplace where I can wear shorts all the time.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtphoenix View Post
    I have a 36 inch inseam, and my waist has been decreasing, but I can never find a 36 length, they only go to 34s in most stores. So, of course...hey, let's try the big and tall section. Okay...36 length...38 waist...40 waist...42, 44, 46, 48, 50.....where's the stuff for the TALL people, not the BIG AND TALL people?

So, of course I have to deal with just the 34 lengths. Shorts are so much easier to buy...I need to live someplace and work someplace where I can wear shorts all the time.
    you might try someplace like LL Bean or Lands End. You can get the waist and length you want. If you order from Lands End and it does not "fit" right, you just return them to a sears store. Their quality is very good as well.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    you might try someplace like LL Bean or Lands End. You can get the waist and length you want. If you order from Lands End and it does not "fit" right, you just return them to a sears store. Their quality is very good as well.
    ...or Men's Warehouse for dress pants -

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Why the copper peptide uglies, why now.

MamaAdams is offline Member
    first time posting here but I have a gripe
    Was at the gas station this afternoon filling up when I look over and see a women parked in the middle of the gas station (between 2 rows of pumps) lighting up a cigarrett with 2 small children in the back seat while her husband puts some wiper fluid in the car. Oh and their was a gas tanker about 15 feet away filling up the gas station. It really urkes me when people can be so freaken stupid.
    Last edited by MamaAdams; 06-08-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i got a really great deal on a birthday present for my 2 year old, and it shipped to an old address 400 mi from my current location. apparently on ebay, there are numerous places to update old addresses, and i missed the right place.