Page 565 of 696 FirstFirst ... 65465515555563564565566567575615665 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 565

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    My slogan is "I can't hear whining". My kids are awesome, because they believe me.
    LOL. My pop actually can't hear high-pitched voices. So, he'd just look at us, frowning, and say, "I can't hear you. Come back to me when you want to use your regular voice." Air-force vet.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My Dad's an oenophile. We always got "You want some cheese to go with the wine? Or a belt?"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My Dad's an oenophile. We always got "You want some cheese to go with the wine? Or a belt?"
    Classic.

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    My GOTD: Curling in the squat rack. Again. Just like every day. Just when I need it. Then, of course, it's free the rest of the day. Ahh, first world problems.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    From what I've seen, "You" seems to be pretty good. Were they too shallow to get that?
    it is not easy to "get" Quelsen... i am NOT and Onion LOL
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EvRevFit View Post
    My GOTD: Curling in the squat rack. Again. Just like every day. Just when I need it. Then, of course, it's free the rest of the day. Ahh, first world problems.
    I hate curls in the squat rack, but I might hate what I call "squat shivers" more. This means putting at least 3 plates on the bar, wrapping your knees, wearing a lifting belt, picking the weight up, then moving your ass down and up no more than 3 inches while grunting loud enough to clearly want everyone in the gym to look at you. Get out of there and let me load up 185# for some serious ATG squats. Jackwagons.

My gripe of the day is parents who take advantage of any opportunity to leave their kids in someone else's care. Kids jiu jitsu class ends at 7:00 p.m..

7:30 is time for the competition team's practice. All the other parents were here for the entire class, but you're too important and busy. So I've been trying to run a training session for 15 minutes (meaning you're 45 minutes late), but I have to keep stopping my workout and the team's to A. make sure your kids aren't running out the door into the parking lot B. pick up our magazines they're dropping on the floor C. stop them from beating each other up D. keep them from spilling water and/or gatorade all over the floor. Every. Week.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I hate curls in the squat rack, but I might hate what I call "squat shivers" more. This means putting at least 3 plates on the bar, wrapping your knees, wearing a lifting belt, picking the weight up, then moving your ass down and up no more than 3 inches while grunting loud enough to clearly want everyone in the gym to look at you. Get out of there and let me load up 185# for some serious ATG squats. Jackwagons.

My gripe of the day is parents who take advantage of any opportunity to leave their kids in someone else's care. Kids jiu jitsu class ends at 7:00 p.m..

7:30 is time for the competition team's practice. All the other parents were here for the entire class, but you're too important and busy. So I've been trying to run a training session for 15 minutes (meaning you're 45 minutes late), but I have to keep stopping my workout and the team's to A. make sure your kids aren't running out the door into the parking lot B. pick up our magazines they're dropping on the floor C. stop them from beating each other up D. keep them from spilling water and/or gatorade all over the floor. Every. Week.
    These are the same parents who drop the kids off at the public pool and expect the lifeguards to be babysitters. GRRRRR
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    it is not easy to "get" Quelsen... i am NOT and Onion LOL
    So you are hard to get??
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richmahogany View Post
    i hate curls in the squat rack, but i might hate what i call "squat shivers" more. This means putting at least 3 plates on the bar, wrapping your knees, wearing a lifting belt, picking the weight up, then moving your ass down and up no more than 3 inches while grunting loud enough to clearly want everyone in the gym to look at you. Get out of there and let me load up 185# for some serious atg squats. Jackwagons.
    amen to that.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    GotD: as all evidence points to our positions being eliminated in October do not keep bothering me to spend the tax payers' money. I am not spending $40+K on stuff that will sit in a supply room gathering dust in a few months when we are all unemployed. As a tax payer this offends me. F' off.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony