Page 561 of 696 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571611661 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 561

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    The sun's just coming up. The roads are wet from an overnight rain. We're driving eastbound. Sun glare 3x as bad because of the wet roadway. There's a traffic light you can't see until you reach the crest of the hill and it just so happens it was red. WTF are you tailgaiting me???????
    Tailgating in general is my biggest driving pet peeve. Not only is it unsafe, it just makes no sense. The person tailgating is cutting down their own maneuverability and putting their safety in the hands of the person in front of them.

The thing that astonishes me is that the people I know who do this tend to be of the sort that think all the other drivers on the road are idiots and that their own driving skills are nigh on professional. I don't care how good a driver you think you are. If you are riding on the ass of some 'idiot' and they hit the brakes unexpectedly, you are going to crash. If you think they're all dumbasses, why are you relying on them to keep you safe? Back off and give yourself the room to pass them if you don't like how they're driving.

Of course, I think it's more about their need to express their disapproval by crawling up the other driver's butt than it is about a reasoned philosophy on how to drive.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Why does my underwear always turn inside-out after going through the washing machine? What's up with that?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    under-roo gnomes
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    Of course, I think it's more about their need to express their disapproval by crawling up the other driver's butt than it is about a reasoned philosophy on how to drive.
    Personally, I think it is because the person in front of me is driving way too freaking slowly. Then again, perhaps it is just this town where apparently "Speed Limit 35" means "No faster than 20" Not that I tailgate much to be honest, but it is frustrating when I can ride a bike faster than most idiots in this town can drive.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Personally, I think it is because the person in front of me is driving way too freaking slowly. Then again, perhaps it is just this town where apparently "Speed Limit 35" means "No faster than 20" Not that I tailgate much to be honest, but it is frustrating when I can ride a bike faster than most idiots in this town can drive.
    I get frustrated with folks like that, too. I just don't tailgate them. I pass them when it's safe and grumble when it's not.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    that's what you get for living where all the retirees go! i bet it gets worse in the winter months. meanwhile, here people tailgate me when i'm going 5 mph over the speed limit. then i flip them them the birdee. i don't know how far the crumple zone is from the tailgate of a mini van, and i have precious cargo in rear seat.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    I get frustrated with folks like that, too. I just don't tailgate them. I pass them when it's safe and grumble when it's not.
    If by grumble you mean say a few choice words rhyming with "Mearn to Prive Mu Ducking Toron," then we have the same reaction.

(yes, all capitalized because that is how I roll)

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    that's what you get for living where all the retirees go!

Did you know that even when it is "Snowbird Season" it is illegal to shoot them? Seems unfair.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I'm on both sides of the "driving too slow" thing. I have GPS on my work truck, and my boss gets an automatically generated email every time I drive 5 mph over the speed limit for more than 15 seconds. Sucks.

So I do my best to drive 4.5 mph over on one lane roads and NOT in the fast lane when there is one. I just don't see the point in making myself The Grand Duchess of How Fast Everyone Else Should Be Going.

On the other hand, it drives me nuts when people either go below the speed limit when you can't pass or drive slower than those behind them in the fast lane.

It's really all about being considerate of those around you and trying to let people make their own decisions about how to drive.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    It's really all about being considerate of those around you and trying to let people make their own decisions about how to drive.
    Well, it is not helped by the fact that this town has one road and 200,000 persons over the age of 90 (okay, not quite that many). It also is not helped by the fact that they move in herds taking up both lanes. It is further compounded by the problem that there is one major employer, which also houses the main pharmacy, hospital, and grocery store for said retirees. All together it equals a giant geriatric cluster f*ck. Luckily I go to work early enough to avoid most of their driving buffoonery.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    If by grumble you mean say a few choice words rhyming with "Mearn to Prive Mu Ducking Toron," then we have the same reaction.

(yes, all capitalized because that is how I roll)
    I refer to it as Driving Tourette's. I have long been afflicted.