Page 56 of 696 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156556 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 56

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, company regs. I prefer black and now it's mandatory. I found a website that actually had a decent selection for my size. Not great prices, but at least I can get them for under $150. This is after hunting for said page and said boots for 3 years. Seriously. I've needed a pair of steel toes since my TXDOT pair got destroyed 3 years ago. And now it appears.
    ETA: NEVERMIND.... I must've checked this site before. I dug through 4 pages of "small" boot sizes, and, after weeding out all the ones that didn't meet criteria (most of 'em failed because of size), I was left with 2 options.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 04-06-2011 at 04:36 PM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    People who have no clue what the hell they want... but THEY WANT IT NOW!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeThePurple View Post
    People who have no clue what the hell they want... but THEY WANT IT NOW!
    You've met my 3-month old?

This is the "touch my binky, I keel yooou" expression:

And a gripe: One of my clownfish found an opening at the back of the aquarium and I found him fossilized on the carpet. Poor guy. His girlfriend is swimming around like she's looking for him...
    Last edited by Jenny; 04-06-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    You've met my 3-month old?

This is the "touch my binky, I keel yooou" expression:
    Your 3-month old and I have a lot in common. Although, I've mastered "not pooping my pants" . . . .

And my gripe . . . I know I'm not the bookkeeper, but that doesn't mean that all accounting mistakes are mine. I've just spent the evening going over my numbers and no, the mistakes aren't mine. But I really appreciate the suggestion that I take more time for myself . . . . I'll see where I can fit that in.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    gripe: slooooooooow drivers. aaaaagghhhhh When you are getting on to a motorway, speed up so you can merge at the right speed limit dumbos!
    thanks, I needed to get that off my chest.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    gripe: slooooooooow drivers. aaaaagghhhhh When you are getting on to a motorway, speed up so you can merge at the right speed limit dumbos!
    thanks, I needed to get that off my chest.
    Ditto. I think driving in general. Merging in front of you doing 20 miles an hour slower and then looking surprised when you're there. Yes, I know... my Red Saturn Vue is SOOOOOOO hard to see. :-/
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    GotD: Congress, please drop all the petty policy quarreling and just make a budget for us. Kthx.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    GoTD: Actually more of a daily gripe. My pregnant niece who eats crap daily and is already overweight. Every single gd day she is posting something on facebook about how she is eating this junk food or that. For example, Monday, she was wanting cheesecake so had to go to the grocery and get some, Tuesday, it was "oh how I love thee skyline", yesterday she had BK and God knows what today will bring. I wanted to put on her page, "Gestational diabetes much?" And see what she says. My husband told me not to do that and let her learn the hard way, like he did. Just wish I could beat some gd sense into her. There I feel better now.
    Georgette

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    Scratching the inside of my nose after having chopped N.M. green chiles w/out washing my hands lol
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Biting my lip or inside of my mouth while eating.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.