Page 559 of 696 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559560561569609659 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 559

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    We had a similar experience many years ago before we moved here. My sister drove us to Garden of the Gods and told us that there weren't really any hiking trails there - that we could mainly just sight see from the car! WTF!!! Not hiking in beautiful scenery after a long drive is just WRONG in my book! Years later when we discovered the incredible hiking there we decided not to listen to my sis anymore!

We should do a primal meet-up carpool to the mountains sometime - do your own thing and then meet back for the ride home.
    LOL! Maybe if your sis got out of the car more she'd know this. I grew up in the Springs and spent sooo much time hiking in and Garden of the Gods (and Green Mountain Falls and Pikes Peak and Fox Run Park) . . . I'm sure it's why I didn't start gaining weight much until we moved out to the boonies and had less access to awesome parks!

I'm actually going up to the foothills to go hiking today! Planning on a 2-3 mile easy hike.

I'd totally be up for caravans and meet ups if I'm still around (I don't mean that to sound suicidal - I say it because I'm finishing my master degree next week and I don't have a job yet. I hope to stay in CO, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to or not).
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Update to yesterday's GOTD: Kitty returned about 1:30 this morning mewing pathetically on my downstairs neighbor's patio. A little dirty but otherwise no worse for wear. Whew!
    Yay for Kitty coming home!

Still a couple hours until sweet Charlie Waffles sees the vet.
    I'm on pins and needles here, Charles is all chill and stuff. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorAmy View Post
    This isn't so much a funny gripe, more just a real gripe of mine - why does everyone only bring carb loaded flour-based foods to potlucks?

Even if you aren't paleo, I think we can all acknowledge that many people need gluten free foods or are on diets and would like healthier options . . . wish more people would bring fresh fruits and veggies and meats that aren't on top of bread or in between bread.
    Because people are cheap as well as selfish, and commodity energy sources (grains) cost less than actual food (food).

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Oranges still hurt my teeth Definitely getting some coconut oil to try oil pulling when I can spare the $5 at Trader Joes. My gums are just genetically shitty.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    *sigh* Charlie Waffle's lump has been declared "probably not cancer".
    Still... he must have it removed next week, and his teeth scaled to boot while he is under.
    Poor baby...

I feel a bit less stressed... but still... anxiety has found me and will not let go easily... Bleh!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    ahhhh...huge sigh of relief!!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Still... he must have it removed next week, and his teeth scaled to boot while he is under.
    Poor baby...

I feel a bit less stressed... but still... anxiety has found me and will not let go easily... Bleh!
    SO happy for you! It sucks how much we love our furry friends.

sidewinder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Poor baby...

Thank goodness!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Yay for happy pet news! Glad both Charlie and Kitty are okay.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    GOTD:

There aren't enough people on MDA posting silly things in the threads I follow. I haven't the brain power to read serious stuff and I want to be entertained
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula