Page 541 of 696 FirstFirst ... 41441491531539540541542543551591641 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,410 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 541

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I'm baffled as to why you haven't established your dominance in this relationship. If my wife had said, "You should get into Twilight" I would have responded, "Why don't you get into the kitchen, yo?"
    Just kidding, but you need to establish rules and guidelines about such tom-foolery and fast too.
    Hence, the lack of judgment comment. My wife read the Twilight series out of morbid fascination. She thought it was crap (well, confirmed her preconceived notion that it was crap) but knew better than to suggest it to me. I would have thought kenn's gf would have similar good judgment. I am disappoint.

GotD: could someone please show up to work today? 50% of the last two shifts called off.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Another rotten day, running off 3 hrs of sleep. This is bad for the Wonder, very bad.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Hence, the lack of judgment comment. My wife read the Twilight series out of morbid fascination. She thought it was crap (well, confirmed her preconceived notion that it was crap) but knew better than to suggest it to me. I would have thought kenn's gf would have similar good judgment. I am disappoint.

GotD: could someone please show up to work today? 50% of the last two shifts called off.
    I think she likes the show more than books, something about vampires in the under 30 crowd that baffles me.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Another rotten day, running off 3 hrs of sleep. This is bad for the Wonder, very bad.
    That was me, last week. No idea why. Plenty of physical exertion over the weekend provided much-needed reset.

I've heard anal glaucoma is going around. People can't see their ass at work.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    I think she likes the show more than books, something about vampires in the under 30 crowd that baffles me.
    You and me both.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I've heard anal glaucoma is going around. People can't see their ass at work.
    it is a fracking epidemic.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    I dunno, I was tempted to say "not as gay as twilight" but then I realized that didn't apply! I'm baffled at how someone who likes game of thrones thinks twilight is on the same level. She's baffled as to why I'm not all about vampires.
    *shakes head* This is what happens when you let the wimminz out of the kitchen. They try to have opinions and stuff.

What you need to do is explain, slowly and using small words for her little, feminine mind to handle, that they are not vampires. They are a sparkly, emo, vegetarian blasphemy against what should be hotness and danger. I sincerely hope that the spawn embraces her dhampire self and sides with the super hot werewolf to wipe the disaster from the face of the earth.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    *shakes head* This is what happens when you let the wimminz out of the kitchen. They try to have opinions and stuff.
    Yup, next thing they're gonna want to vote and drive cars. I watch Mad Men, I know how wimminz operates, fer sure.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    You and me both.
    I always thought knights were cooler, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    What you need to do is explain, slowly and using small words for her little, feminine mind to handle, that they are not vampires. They are a sparkly, emo, vegetarian blasphemy against what should be hotness and danger. I sincerely hope that the spawn embraces her dhampire self and sides with the super hot werewolf to wipe the disaster from the face of the earth.
    I have no idea what you just said
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Owly is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I used to do healthy relationship education with teens, and the girls were always going on about how Edward would be the perfect boyfriend. I decided to read the books so I could better address why that's so effed up. Fortunately, I had lots of reading time while I was on the sofa with a broken leg, and the prescription painkillers definitely helped me survive Stephanie Meyer's "never use one adjective when three will do" writing style.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal