Page 54 of 696 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154554 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 54

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    This new form of physical therapy is making things worse. My SI joints are so inflamed. Now I can't stand straight even after I've been laying down to stretch out. I'm regressing. It's hard not to despair.
    I've usually had to come home from pt and take a couple of Aleve. I figured I had to go through the pain to get the gain, but there's no doubt a limit to that. Hope you get better soon.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Maybe she doesn't know where the dumpster is, either.
    Perhaps. I did call the office and they had me bring the piece of mail and said they would send the tenant a letter. It seems the Dumpsters are in a lot behind the building, probably to make it more inconveniet to freeloaders not wanting to pay for trash pickup themselves.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I missed the postie truck this morning, so I have to wait until after 1:00 pm tomorrow to pick up my new VFFs from the post office.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

kenn is offline Senior Member
    AT&T customer support reps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    LOL. You could replace AT&T with any of the companies. Problem is they either 1) don't give the people enough information to be able to give a good answer or 2) tell them to always say no first and don't do what they're supposed to until you get pissed enough to climb up the ladder and tell the story four times. Prolly both. And oh, that "notes" section they say they have as in "oh, I'll leave a note about this conversation RIGHT HERE"... bit ol LIE.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

miss_annie is offline Member
    Having a fight with my cousin that was two decades in the making. On Facebook, in front of my friends, co-workers, ex-boyfriends, etc. Only to have her delete all the crazy-ass stuff she said to me that proved she's friggin' crazy.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    when people say "expecially" ARRGHH! i recently heard a commercial on the radio for a local cardiologists' clinic, and the woman said "expecially." another one is "irregardless," though i don't hear that as often.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    ^this. Which is why this occurs.

ATT: insert whatever message here
    me: I would like to speak to a supervisor please.
    ATT: yes sir but if...
    ATT: what is it in regards...
    me: it is in regards to the fact that I would like to speak to a supervisor please.
    ATT: but if you will...
    ATT: one moment I will transfer you

Though truth be told I usually have my GF call. She worked customer service for years and knows exactly what to say to get things done.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    The computers at work. You would think as we work in emergency services, our systems would run quickly and efficiently in response to the nature of our jobs... hahaha! Sadly, no. I now have to sit here and think of ways to stall the patient, when the reality is something like, 'Sorry, can you just stop having a heart attack until my egg timer finishes? Windows is being a dick.'

I keep pushing for Macs instead of PCs. Like trying to get an ice cream truck to sell meat popsicles. *facepalm*

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    ^this. Which is why this occurs.

ATT: insert whatever message here
    ATT: yes sir but if...
    ATT: what is it in regards...
    me: it is in regards to the fact that I would like to speak to a supervisor please.
    ATT: but if you will...
    ATT: one moment I will transfer you
    I always hated it when people did that to me when I worked customer service. I have to know WHAT your calling ABOUT in order to get you to a supervisor that is relevant. I have six different people I can escalate you to if you want to speak with a supervisor. But I need to know WHY you want to talk to them, otherwise I'm going to send you to the wrong department head, and you'll be on hold for hours as we try to switch you back and forth and get you to someone who CAN help you. If you were to say "I'd like to speak to a supervisor about (my bill, my insurance, whatever) then I can go "ok" and get you right over to someone.

Otherwise you're just wasting your time and mine.

(I'm not attacking YOU personally, just that mentality of "I want to talk to your boss". Yeah, I got six of 'em, which one ya want?