Page 53 of 696 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 53

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    Very true. It can in fact be very very healing to the body image. I had a friend who could not even undress in a locker room in front of other women. We went to a clothing optional hot springs on a womens only weekend and it was an epiphany.

She had been a model as a teenager and even in her 30's she had this body image based on photos in magazines and air brushed perfection. We went and there were tall women and short women and thin women and fat women and curvy women and less curvy, and soft bodies and hard bodies and old women and young women and stretch marks and freckles and wrinkles not. one. perfect. body.

It completely changed her self image.
    I had a similarly healing experience in an all-women traditional spa in Korea. Being in a space with women of all ages and sizes, all of them comfortably naked and chatting, washing each other's backs, and so on, was a remarkable experience that made me think quite a bit about how I see my own and other women's bodies. I did experience some of the women looking me over a bit, but it felt more curious, like "hey, that's what white women look like naked" than anything judgemental. The other women I was travelling with wouldn't go in that part, since you had to take off your bathing suit and they weren't willing to do that. Their loss--it was fantastic.

Is that a gripe? I want an awesome spa like that here, but in Alberta, it's rather unlikely. The closest I can get is mornings at the pool near me, when the little old Chinese ladies all get together to swim. Afterward, they shower as a group and some of them go hang out nude in the women's sauna. All the other white women look at them like they're weird, but it makes me happy.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

swalker is offline Member
    My Gripe is with bike riders who try to run me over while i am running or walking on the city park trails. ALSO with any of them who come from behind and do not let me know they r there..

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Just because it is true doesnt mean you can use it as a blanket excuse to be rude.

"People who are in a hurry shouldnt shop at Costco on a Saturday"

Yes, yes, very true. I always allocate more time on a saturday. Well, no , usually I avoid it like the plague. But the person saying it had repeatedly had "excuse me" thrown at her politely by more than a dozen shoppers as she insisted on parking her flatbed trolley Xwise on the aisles while she leisurely browsed with her large brood underfoot (I dont mean under HER feet, I mean she had I think 5 young kids who were randomly wandering the aisle, climbing on and off the trolley and sitting on the floor) so that no one could get through the aisles at all.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    My son is a dancer, and as I was throwing a pen away in the trash I looked at the overflowing McD's bags and Lunchable containers. This is what dancers eat? Dancing is some of the hardest work the body can do. It makes me so sad.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Stupid people blaming me for shit I didn't do. Here is the short version:

I used to work for a theraputic horseback riding program. Through poor board member participation and bad economy the program had to close. I (up until this week) have still been keeping my horse on the property (and paying a silly amount of money for it considering I do all my own horse chores AND up keep the property). This week I got her moved to her new home for the summer (cause I'll be out of town for 6 months). Part of the process for this is removing all of MY stuff/equipment/etc and stuff that was loaned to me by a friend. Now, said friend WAS the director (but not board member or president!) of the riding program. So when the program went belly up she took a lot of the heat for it (despite that fact that she worked her ASS off trying to keep it up and running.) Well the program owes the land owners some money, she is kinda roped into all that, etc. Well some of the stuff I picked up yesterday belongs to HER and was loaned to ME after the program (who had previously used this equipment) shut down.

Ok. here is the gripe part. 1) yesterday my other friend (who was also involved with the riding program) called and said 'oh I saw you took that stuff, blah blah blah, better bring it back cause the landowners say it's theirs etc. I told her not to worry about it because this stuff wasn't barn property OR riding program property. 2) today I had an email from the landowners (who have NEVER bothered to talk to me at ALL before today) saying 'you were seen taking stuff you better bring it back or we'll call the sherriff' 'P.S. get your horse and get off the property and never come back.'

Well god damnit! Thanks for asking ANY questions. 1)my horse is already gone (thank goodness!) and I was gonna tell you about it in a couple days when I finished getting my stuff moved out. 2) How the FUCK did you even find out I took my stuff (either the friend or some other busy body neighbor). 3) that stuff doesn't belong to you so BITE ME.

Grr. And I know they'll make a big deal of it too. Never mind that I've been working on that property on and off for almost 15 years and have probably put more sweat equity and free labor into maintaining that place (40 acres and me with a shovel and weed whacker!) so it's usable and doesn't look like shit.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swalker View Post
    My Gripe is with bike riders who try to run me over while i am running or walking on the city park trails. ALSO with any of them who come from behind and do not let me know they r there..
    This

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    A few weeks ago a neighbor told us he saw an Asian woman put trash in our trash can. DH looked and said it just looked like it might have been trash picked up along the road. Yesterday when I put trash in the bin I noticed a couple of Home Depot bags. Since we hadn't been there recently, I took them out and looked inside. I found some mail addressed to a woman with a Japanese name at the apartment building behind us.

I walked over there and it appears that they have removed the Dumpster that used to be there. I guess this person is too lazy to take her trash to where ever they've moved it. I plan on calling the rental office to ask them to contact their tenant to use their own trash receptacles.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Maybe she doesn't know where the dumpster is, either.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    This new form of physical therapy is making things worse. My SI joints are so inflamed. Now I can't stand straight even after I've been laying down to stretch out. I'm regressing. It's hard not to despair.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Digby is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    Stupid people blaming me for shit I didn't do. Here is the short version:

Ok. here is the gripe part. 1) yesterday my other friend (who was also involved with the riding program) called and said 'oh I saw you took that stuff, blah blah blah, better bring it back cause the landowners say it's theirs etc. I told her not to worry about it because this stuff wasn't barn property OR riding program property. 2) today I had an email from the landowners (who have NEVER bothered to talk to me at ALL before today) saying 'you were seen taking stuff you better bring it back or we'll call the sherriff' 'P.S. get your horse and get off the property and never come back.'
    Makes you see why in the Old West horses usually came equipped with riders that had pistols .
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism