Page 529 of 696 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530531539579629 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 529

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    On a lighter note: GOTD: Males. I hear from the ones I don't want to hear from and not the ones I do. I want this from this one and that from that one, but it would be nice if it was all in one male. And I'm not used to being noticed, so I am totally unprepared to deal with all this male attention. *pout*

Ok, back to the actual complaints.
    Maybe they're picking up on your taste for variety
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    The nerve pain from shingles can last months even when the rash is mostly gone. I have a good friend that needed narcotics to sleep for months and tried every cure she could find from accupuncture, to big pharma to naturapath and meditation. She was very stressed at the time too.
    I realized recently that I might have had a mild case of shingles in my 30s. I had some kind of weird rash on one side of my back that hurt and tingled, but it wasn't bad enough to see a doctor. The skin in that part of my back has stayed numb. It never occurred to me that it was shingles until my Dad suffered from them about 2 years ago. Stress can bring it out and you can get it more than once.

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    I didn't think I was that stressed but this pain is intense. I took a hydrocodeine at eight and already I can't rest my back fully on my office chair because of the pain. This is so lame.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Just be aware, if you have shingles, you absolutely can give someone else chicken pox.

My oldest son had chicken pox when he was 3 years old and his little brother was only 1 month old. Since Lil Bro still had my immunity, he didn't get it. But 3 years later, Big Bro got shingles and gave Lil Bro the worst case of chicken pox I have ever seen. It was EVERYWHERE (yes, even there). And that's also when we found out Big Bro's 1st grade teacher was pregnant. But apparently she wasn't too mad because the baby came out fine and she gave him the same name as Big Bro.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: I made it through almost the whole day thinking it was Thursday... now I have to cram all of the "Yay, it's Friday" feelings into the after 5pm hours. But I can't drink so that cramming thing is hard.

LAWLZ... I'm so kidding. For me every day is Friday so it makes no difference, except it means husband is home tomorrow.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    gomyd: stupid questions and the people who ask them
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    GOTD: I made it through almost the whole day thinking it was Thursday... now I have to cram all of the "Yay, it's Friday" feelings into the after 5pm hours. But I can't drink so that cramming thing is hard.

LAWLZ... I'm so kidding. For me every day is Friday so it makes no difference, except it means husband is home tomorrow.
    I (stupidly) volunteered to work overtime tomorrow, so send it my way and I'll use it.

Why, oh why, do I always say "Sign me up!" before realizing it's going to be in a bad neighborhood and people will hate (and maybe assault me) for harassing them at 7am on a Saturday???
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    ugh, i have an 8 year old son. wtf kid?
    My late husband had a great way to teach boys not to pee on the toilet seat or on the floor.

If you cannot control your penis you will sit down just like a girl.

Works every time.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    ya know, i could see sitting down as resulting in a bigger mess. i don't think my son sees things associated as girls as bad, so i dunno.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Technicolour toe.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal