Page 522 of 696 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522523524532572622 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 522

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Once my friend brow-beat me into it, I did discover that something other than long and straight across the bottom could look good on me (lemme tell ya- bobs do NOT). I'm growing it long and plain again because I like it, but it's good knowing that I'm doing it by choice now instead of default. Well, plain except for the blond streak that is getting pretty close to white these days . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    GotD: "Can you void this ticket for me? I'm innocent!"

Really, then why the heck were you given the ticket in the first place? hmmmm?

and btw...no, I can't even if I wanted to.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I just ignore tickets. It makes life simpler.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I just ignore tickets. It makes life simpler.
    Bad idea. Lost my license that way. Over a parking ticket. Jerks. (I still maintain it is not possible to park the wrong way on a one LANE two WAY street.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Haha parking is a nightmare around here because of the plethora of one-way streets (the lack of grid would be painful for West-coasters). All kinds of crazy laws in my town so people won't take up unnecessary space/get in the way of plows etc. I did actually know that one about parking the wrong way, though I don't understand it either (aside from the implication that you would have been driving on the wrong side in order to park there).

I went out and got some banana chips (sweetened, but it's coconut sugar, and they were fried/dried/whatever-ed in coconut oil too), 2 bars of dark chocolate (trying some new brands, one of them has chili flavoring), and a small tub of 2% Fage. I am appeased...for now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Owly is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: My neighbours got a new dog, and although he seems very sweet, this is his first day home alone and all he has done is howl and bark non-stop. My poor girls are upset by it too, so not only do I get to hear the dog next door howl, but I also get regularly told about it by one of mine coming and whining at me so I'll go fix it. Yeah, it's a productive day so far for me.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    GOTD:

Sometimes the miles between the dreams of what one wanted from life and the reality of what one has stand out a little too starkly. And then I feel guilty even for complaining, because my life is not that bad. I just thought I would have . . . more.

(Thank for you existing, Gripe of the Day thread. I needed to get that one off my chest this morning.)
    Holy shit Panda...Thanks for summing up my thoughts exactly.

GOTD:

Panda stole my GOTD...Sigh.
    Follow my blog where I discuss Primal Life post Gastric Bypass surgery and Barefoot/Minimalist running.

GOTD: Television shows. If I lived in Grey's Anatomy land, I'd move. How many natural and/or man made disasters can happen to these folks. I told my wife that at least an earthquake hasn't killed half of Seattle. She reminded me that a giant sinkhole opened once...at least I'm not emotionally invested in that show...freakin' soap opera.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Seattle has had its own fair share of issues. Sinking, getting burned down, a few times, sinking again...
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Pools!!! Wish one on your worst enemy! I swear - it always is something and why does it alsway cost >$1000 to get the frickin thing started in the beginning of the season??? Mine is screwed up again and all I can say is it's green and making fuuny noises - I mean how lame is that? Aaaahhhh - I need some tequilla!