Page 520 of 696 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522530570620 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 520

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Mother's Day.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-SC View Post
    People who have gotten too lazy to put up their @#$^! shopping carts when they are done with them...they just leave them where they unload them!!!!

Of course...any strong winds that come by just gets the carts rolling so they slam into some other innocent person's vehicle.

I sure would hate to see someone burn off a calorie or two by putting them up!
    ooooh i hate this too....they've walked all round the shop with it but can't be bothered to take it a further 10 paces to the right place....

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    As an innocent shopping cart victim, my car agrees with this gripe.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop View Post
    ooooh i hate this too....they've walked all round the shop with it but can't be bothered to take it a further 10 paces to the right place....
    in the comments section under an article about a mom being busted for leaving her kid in the car for a few minutes, someone asserted that it's better to leave your cart randomly in the parking lot tan to return it sans kids. so apparently all parents are negligent because they "care more for a shopping cart than their own kids."

GOTD: I just had to call and cancel my appointment to gets mah hair did with my super awesome stylist Bitch (tattoos, fauxhawk, last summer it as entirely raspberry pink!) tomorrow because some Neuro office called to remind me about an appointment I made over 3 months ago that I thought was supposed to be next Monday! Ahhhhhhhh.... Ah wants mah TEAL hairs. And my highlights have grown out too much and stuff is just unruly as hell and I need a day wif mah STYLIST! *tears*

I'm really not girly... this is the first time in my life I've bothered with more than hitting up a place like "Great Clips". Everytime I go it hits my wallet hard, but this stylist is just such a genius... and my hair is so effortlessly perfect when she is done with it. You'd think an "angled bob" would be easy for anyone... but evidently it's not... and I'm willing to pay 10x more so that she can do it just right.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    GOTD: I just had to call and cancel my appointment to gets mah hair did with my super awesome stylist Bitch (tattoos, fauxhawk, last summer it as entirely raspberry pink!) tomorrow because some Neuro office called to remind me about an appointment I made over 3 months ago that I thought was supposed to be next Monday! Ahhhhhhhh.... Ah wants mah TEAL hairs. And my highlights have grown out too much and stuff is just unruly as hell and I need a day wif mah STYLIST! *tears*

I'm really not girly... this is the first time in my life I've bothered with more than hitting up a place like "Great Clips". Everytime I go it hits my wallet hard, but this stylist is just such a genius... and my hair is so effortlessly perfect when she is done with it. You'd think an "angled bob" would be easy for anyone... but evidently it's not... and I'm willing to pay 10x more so that she can do it just right.
    Oh, I hear ya. This afternoon was my THIRD TRY to make an appointment with mine. Her dog died, so she went out of town, then she decided she only wants to make appointments over the phone, and then her phone just kept ringing with no voicemail.

She does an insanely good job, and I have a pretty intense fear of hair stylists after a horrible hack job a few years ago. LITERALLY all you could see was my nose and one eye, and the girl actually said to the receptionist "You know, I never was good at cutting the front..." with me sitting right there! But that was back when I was a doormat, so I just went home and cried.

I'm one of my current stylist's favorite clients, so I know she's not avoiding me personally. But dammit! My bangs are hitting the bottom of my nose and I have to be pretty this weekend!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

I hear ya... I tip her REALLY well on top of the insane rate that is already charged. And she loves me because I'm one of her only clients that does "fun" colors.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    love your new icon cori! *nom nom* kittens!!

only have been to a stylist a few times, i wish i was more competent and adventurous in the "style" dept.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    The last time I went to the stylist, I received a lecture on the evils of bacon fat. I decided that arguing with someone applying scissors to my hair would be a monumentally foolish idea. * smile and say nothing *

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    love your new icon cori! *nom nom* kittens!!

only have been to a stylist a few times, i wish i was more competent and adventurous in the "style" dept.
    I decided that the avatar was necessary. Eat ALL teh kittehs!
    A good stylist is an expensive stylist... and worth it if you can pay. LOL
    My husband made the mistake of complaining that there "wasn't enough color" last time I went... based on amount of color per dollar spent. We are going to FIX that complaint this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    The last time I went to the stylist, I received a lecture on the evils of bacon fat. I decided that arguing with someone applying scissors to my hair would be a monumentally foolish idea. * smile and say nothing *
    My stylist is the most awesome ever! She eats bacon too!
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-14-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche