Page 512 of 696 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522562612 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 512

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    When it is cold and/or rainy, I usually take Boyfriend's car to work, but today he is taking our cat to the vet. My scooter requires 3-5 minutes to warm up before riding or it will stall out when stopped (unless I'm very careful with braking and keeping the engine revved). Without fail, I stall out at least once on the ride to or from work on rainy days, and it takes a minute to get going again (doesn't start up on the first try, have to flick the power switch on and off a bunch of times till it'll catch). It's embarrassing and frustrating, especially when I get honked at. Getting honked at in a car is not so bad, but on the scooter, I just feel vulnerable.

Most annoying part is I had this looked at last fall and the shop (store I bought it from) replaced the ignition switch and called it fixed, also said they didn't have issues, but it's because they let it run and didn't ride it immediately! Not much I can do about it now since the first year of the warranty is almost up and I don't have the time/transportation to deal with getting it back there till they fix it.

Right, this all started out on a grip about not being able to park close to the door so I could keep on eye on the scooter while it warms up. So the ride home will consist of stalling out and careful revving because I don't want to sit and watch it warm up before I leave.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    When it is cold and/or rainy, I usually take Boyfriend's car to work, but today he is taking our cat to the vet. My scooter requires 3-5 minutes to warm up before riding or it will stall out when stopped (unless I'm very careful with braking and keeping the engine revved). Without fail, I stall out at least once on the ride to or from work on rainy days, and it takes a minute to get going again (doesn't start up on the first try, have to flick the power switch on and off a bunch of times till it'll catch). It's embarrassing and frustrating, especially when I get honked at. Getting honked at in a car is not so bad, but on the scooter, I just feel vulnerable.

Most annoying part is I had this looked at last fall and the shop (store I bought it from) replaced the ignition switch and called it fixed, also said they didn't have issues, but it's because they let it run and didn't ride it immediately! Not much I can do about it now since the first year of the warranty is almost up and I don't have the time/transportation to deal with getting it back there till they fix it.

Right, this all started out on a grip about not being able to park close to the door so I could keep on eye on the scooter while it warms up. So the ride home will consist of stalling out and careful revving because I don't want to sit and watch it warm up before I leave.
    That could be the definition of sucks.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

It sounds so pathetic probably because it is pathetic, but I'm feel pathetic today, so yeap. Oh well.

suck (sk)
    v. sucked, suck·ing, sucks
    v.tr.
    1. To draw (liquid) into the mouth by movements of the tongue and lips that create suction.
    a. To draw in by establishing a partial vacuum: a cleaning device that sucks up dirt.
    b. To draw in by or as if by a current in a fluid.
    c. To draw or pull as if by suction: teenagers who are sucked into a life of crime.
    3. To draw nourishment through or from: suck a baby bottle.
    4. To hold, moisten, or maneuver (a sweet, for example) in the mouth.
    5. Namelesswonder's scooter situation

Haha, thanks, made me smile.

I should just post moment to moment gripes today. This just in: despite not being near any vents, I am somehow in the line of airflow and my cubicle area is fucking freezing. Goddamn building management leaving the AC on after April 1st! My hands are purple-y. I think I need some fingerless gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Haha, thanks, made me smile.
    Mission accomplished.

GOTD: it takes forever after you apply for a job to hear something back, if you hear anything at all. I would rather you call me back, say "you suck (with definition of suck) now leave us alone"...at least I wouldn't be in suspense.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Mission accomplished.

GOTD: it takes forever after you apply for a job to hear something back, if you hear anything at all. I would rather you call me back, say "you suck (with definition of suck) now leave us alone"...at least I wouldn't be in suspense.
    +1

Which reminds me. I need to find more places to apply.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

StrawberryPesto is offline Junior Member
    I have to share my Gripe of the Day. As we speak I'm listening to NPR and the host is interviewing a "nutrition expert" (the author of this book: Amazon.com: Why Calories Count: From Science to Politics (California Studies in Food and Culture) (9780520262881): Marion Nestle, Malden Nesheim: Books) on the subject of calories. The host mentioned the phrase "good calories, bad calories", which got me interested because I thought our friend Gary Taubes had made the mainstream discussion. Unfortunately, The conversation quickly went to, "well, a calorie is a calorie, so your body doesn't care where it comes from as long as you aren't eating too many you'll be fine. Some professor lost weight on a twinkie diet, because he didn't eat very many of them." She does say it's better to eat "healthy" foods, but that with regards to food, it doesn't make a difference what the source is. ARG!!!! It makes me crazy to hear people perpetuating this kind of CW thinking. From all the studies and personal accounts I have read, the source of the calorie matters SO much! She doesn't take into account different hormones, insulin, inflammation, anti nutrients, any of that. Makes me so frustrated. I had to turn the radio off. Anyone else run into this lately?
    Primal and LR recipes and meal ideas: http://www.strawberrypesto.com

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    jackal0p3_!

There ya go.
    LOL Thanks.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

KatieCHI is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    GotD:
    Person stopping by my desk, eyeing my big salad and my burger (sans bun) that's topped with a local egg and nitrate-free bacon:
    "You have a nice balance there, half healthy and half unhealthy!"

Grrawr.